In response to the national controversy caused by their website blocking policy, Nonnewaug High School and the Regional School District #14 have issued a statement outlining a response. Instead of reversing the policy of blocking websites, however, the district has doubled down and imposed more “fairness” – leading to Nonnewaug blocking more websites. In the […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Column: States rights across the aisle February 22, 2017It’s not unusual for political dynamics to shift as political powers shift at the federal level. But the dynamics are changing pretty quickly as we enter the second month of President Donald Trump’s administration. Notably, Democratic governors and mayors have been defending their values and speaking for their constituents with an argument often used by […]
- Democrats call, again, for action on ‘levy cliff’ February 22, 2017Some school districts may have to send out pink slips if the state legislature doesn’t pass the Democrats’ “levy cliff” bill, argued Democratic leadership at their weekly press conference Tuesday. “I’m hearing from superintendents too,” said Rep. Kristine Lytton, Anacortes, at the press conference. “They are trying to dig into the complexity of the senate […]
- GOP leaders defend education funding plan, criticize Democrats’ plan February 21, 2017After facing criticism for their budget plan, Republican leaders defended their education funding proposal Monday at a press conference, and made their own criticisms of the Democrat’s levy cliff bill. Washington GOP legislators’ plan is to implement something of a “levy swap” to fund education in Washington. Background Senate Republicans announced their plan Jan. 27 […]
- Prominent Unions Back Acosta for Labor Secretary February 22, 2017Several major unions have endorsed Alexander Acosta, President Donald Trump's nominee to lead the Department of Labor. The post Prominent Unions Back Acosta for Labor Secretary appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Bill Maher Once Condoned Sexual Relationship Between 12-Year-Old Boy, 35-Year-Old Woman February 22, 2017The post Bill Maher Once Condoned Sexual Relationship Between 12-Year-Old Boy, 35-Year-Old Woman appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Podesta Says FBI Wanted Clinton to Lose. Hillary’s Own Words Tell an Interesting Story February 22, 2017The post Podesta Says FBI Wanted Clinton to Lose. Hillary’s Own Words Tell an Interesting Story appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Free for a Limited Time Four More Years February 22, 2017Washington DC’s H Street streetcar has failed in just about every way possible. The 2.2-mile line cost $200 million, which is enough to build ten to twenty miles of four-lane freeway; it opened years behind schedule; and–despite being free “for a limited time”–it carries a paltry 2,400 people per weekday, which in a sane world […]
- Congestion Cost U.S. $295 Billion in 2016 February 21, 2017Speaking of congestion (as the Antiplanner was yesterday), a new congestion scorecard from Inrix estimates that congestion cost America $295 billion in 2016, which is more than 1.5 percent of 2016 GDP. Where the Texas Transportation Institute’s previous estimates of congestion costs counted only the cost to commuters, Inrix adds costs to consumers who must […]
- Good News and Bad News February 20, 2017Good news: The United States had 56,000 structurally deficient bridges in 2016. That’s good news because the number in 2015 was nearly 59,000. In fact, the number has declined in every year since 1992 (the earliest year for which records are available), when it was 124,000. The American Road and Transportation Builders thinks 2016’s number […]