In a development that seems to have been seriously underreported, Oregon gov. Retread last week issued a press release in which he states that if you tried to purchase health insurance through Cover Oregon but failed, you may be eligible for a retroactive tax credit if you subsequently purchased a plan directly from an insurance provider. Those who attempted […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Senate committee discusses collective bargaining transparency August 17, 2017The Senate Commerce & Labor Committee held a work session yesterday on “public transparency in collective bargaining negotiations.” Despite the strong mandate for government transparency declared by the people in the Open Public Meetings Act, government employee contracts are usually negotiated in secret, meaning an important and costly taxpayer expense is hidden until the final bill comes due. There […]
- WA Republicans on Trump, Women running for office, Georgetown Crossing August 17, 2017Every other week, we try to distill a few things down to their essence, and offer those nuggets to you for review. Short, smart content that will inform the work you’re doing in policy and the economy today. Hopefully you find something on this list that resonates with the work you’re doing. If so, let […]
- Rep. Orwall to co-chair national Military and Veterans Task Force August 17, 2017Earlier this month, the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL), a bipartisan organization that provides research, technical assistance and opportunities for policymakers to exchange ideas on the most pressing state issues, selected Speaker Pro-Tem Tina Orwall (D-Des Moines) as co-chair of the Military & Veterans Affairs Task Force. “This is truly an honor and a great privilege,” said Orwall, who […]
- Kaepernick Items to be Included in Black Lives Matter Collection at Smithsonian August 20, 2017Items related to NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick's national anthem protest and his other efforts to call attention to police brutality will be displayed at the Smithsonian's National Museum of African American History. The post Kaepernick Items to be Included in Black Lives Matter Collection at Smithsonian appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Kaine on Clinton’s ‘Deplorables’ Remark: Democrats Need to ‘Throw Away All the Broad Brushes’ August 20, 2017The post Kaine on Clinton’s ‘Deplorables’ Remark: Democrats Need to ‘Throw Away All the Broad Brushes’ appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- RNC Outraises DNC by More than $6 Million in July August 20, 2017The Republican National Committee expanded its massive fundraising lead over the Democratic National Committee in July, bringing in over $6 million more than its rival. The post RNC Outraises DNC by More than $6 Million in July appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- “Quick Win” for Buses = Loss for Commuters August 18, 2017New York City rail transit lines have fallen on hard times, with frequent delays, accidents, and even trains not running at all. While Governor Cuomo has declared a state of emergency, some transit advocates want to make sure buses aren’t forgotten in any multi-billion-dollar fix. Some of their ideas, such as having people pay before […]
- Black Crater Fire August 17, 2017The internet and phone service were both down in Camp Sherman yesterday afternoon and evening, which is when I would normally write the next day’s Antiplanner. So instead I took some night photos of the Milli Fire, which was burning on about 256 3,500 acres a few miles from here. Click image for a larger […]
- Streamlining Infrastructure Approvals August 16, 2017President Trump issued an executive order yesterday aimed at streamlining the federal approval process for infrastructure projects. Contrary to the impression given by press reports, the order doesn’t repeal any environmental laws or rules. All it really does, the White House explains, is require federal agencies to work together to speed existing approval processes with […]