Explosive report shows that teachers who are barred from teaching again in Washington State are still drawing generous teacher pensions at state expense. King 5 aired an investigative report that exposed more than $2 million per year of wasted taxpayer’s money. Research showed that in some cases, former teachers who had been barred from teaching […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Senate committee discusses collective bargaining transparency August 17, 2017The Senate Commerce & Labor Committee held a work session yesterday on “public transparency in collective bargaining negotiations.” Despite the strong mandate for government transparency declared by the people in the Open Public Meetings Act, government employee contracts are usually negotiated in secret, meaning an important and costly taxpayer expense is hidden until the final bill comes due. There […]
- WA Republicans on Trump, Women running for office, Georgetown Crossing August 17, 2017Every other week, we try to distill a few things down to their essence, and offer those nuggets to you for review. Short, smart content that will inform the work you’re doing in policy and the economy today. Hopefully you find something on this list that resonates with the work you’re doing. If so, let […]
- Rep. Orwall to co-chair national Military and Veterans Task Force August 17, 2017Earlier this month, the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL), a bipartisan organization that provides research, technical assistance and opportunities for policymakers to exchange ideas on the most pressing state issues, selected Speaker Pro-Tem Tina Orwall (D-Des Moines) as co-chair of the Military & Veterans Affairs Task Force. “This is truly an honor and a great privilege,” said Orwall, who […]
- U.S. Sanctions Chinese, Russians for Illicit Trade With North Korea August 23, 2017The Trump administration on Tuesday slapped economic sanctions on 10 Chinese and Russian companies and six people for covertly assisting North Korea's nuclear weapons and missile programs. The post U.S. Sanctions Chinese, Russians for Illicit Trade With North Korea appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Don Lemon: Trump ‘Is Clearly Trying to Ignite a Civil War in This Country,’ May Have Dementia August 23, 2017The post Don Lemon: Trump ‘Is Clearly Trying to Ignite a Civil War in This Country,’ May Have Dementia appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Don Lemon Unloads on Trump Speech: ‘There Was No Sanity There’ August 23, 2017The post Don Lemon Unloads on Trump Speech: ‘There Was No Sanity There’ appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Purple Line Losers August 23, 2017Travelers and taxpayers both lose as Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao caved in to Maryland’s Republican Governor Larry Hogan and Democratic Congressional delegation by approving federal funding for the Purple Line. As Antiplanner readers know, the state’s own transportation analysis found that the Purple Line will dramatically increase congestion in Montgomery County suburbs of Washington […]
- For Sale: Eclipse Glasses, Slightly Used August 22, 2017The Antiplanner’s eclipse was nearly smoke-free, thank you. In fact, I was in one of the best places in the nation to watch the eclipse, as we were also cloud-free. Waiting for the eclipse near Camp Sherman. Prior to the eclipse, many people were predicting chaos and even a “disaster nightmare.” “Officials are bracing for […]
- Are Environmentalists to Blame for Wildfires? August 21, 2017Today is National Eclipse Day, and thanks to the Milli, Nena Spring, and Whitewater fires, I’m likely to be viewing it through a lens of smoke. So this has me thinking about wildfires and wondering if it is true, as some claim, that environmentalists are ultimately responsible for the increase in acres burned in the […]