Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- How to Fix Yakima’s Racially Polarized Elections August 28, 2014
- Germany and Canada Are Building Water Splitters to Store Renewable Energy August 28, 2014
- School Test Results Tell Only Part of the Story This Year as State Moves to New Assessment August 28, 2014School districts were able to opt in or out of the Smarter Balanced field test last spring. They were not required to administer both the old and new tests. For the 2014 field testing, the state chose to not post reading and math results.
- The Post-Election Political Situation of Egypt August 28, 2014This piece was originally written for the former conservative youth blogging and news site, Resist44 on June 21, 2012. Yesterday afternoon, word reached the U. S. news sources that Hosni Mubarak, former President of Egypt, had a stroke and was then pronounced clinically dead. Not more than an hour later, conflicting reports began coming in […]
- Top 3 International Stories I’m Watching Today August 28, 20141) Human rights investigators from the U.N. have condemned the Syrian government and ISIS militants for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of civilians by chemical weapons and conventional weapons. On the ground in Syria, social media reports say the so-called Islamic State has taken a Syrian military based, and is holding Syrians hostage. […]
- Despite What You’ve Heard, Freedom of Speech isn’t Dead August 27, 2014The media constantly rants about the trampling of free speach and first amendment rights in America, but is it really so bad? I wrote Freedom of Speech is Not Dead in America for PIE to showcase how the U.S. offers the best international protection for the written word.
- Campbell Brown’s Teacher Tenure Lawsuit May Gain New Partner in Fight Against NY August 28, 2014Campbell Brown's lawsuit against teacher tenure and other laws that protect underperforming teachers in New York may join forces with another group bringing a similar case against the state.
- Mark Udall’s Wife Partners with Leonardo DiCaprio to Call for Carbon Tax August 28, 2014Democratic incumbent Sen. Mark Udall’s (Colo.) wife called for a carbon tax while appearing in a new anti-oil video produced by Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Turkey Hosting at Least 12 Hamas Operatives August 28, 2014At least 12 Hamas operatives, including a senior leader and others convicted of murder, have enjoyed safe haven in Turkey, a country that regional experts say is quickly becoming “a very hospitable environment” for Hamas terrorists to plan operations. Turkey’s ties to Hamas have come under scrutiny in recent weeks after it came to light that a senior Hamas l
- Making the Poor Subsidize the Rich August 28, 2014Utah Transit Authority executives are overcompensated, the agency has underfunded its high rail maintenance costs, its bus service has suffered due to financial constraints, concludes the Utah State Legislative Auditor. Moreover, as reported in the Salt Lake Tribune, the agency’s fare structure makes the poor subsidize the rich, which the agency has signed c
- No One’s Riding Light Rail, So Reduce Fares and Build More August 27, 2014Planners predicted that Norfolk’s Tide light-rail line, which opened in 2011 60 percent over budget and 16 months behind schedule, would stimulate economic development along its route. But little development is taking place, so the Virginian Pilot has come up with a grand idea: reduce fares by two thirds. That, the paper’s editorial writers guesstimate, […]
- Pinellas Transit in Trouble August 26, 2014The Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA) has been illegally using FEMA money to illegally advertise in favor of a ballot measure to build light rail in St. Petersburg, Florida. Last week, the Federal Emergency Management Agency sent a letter demanding that PSTA return a $354,000 grant it received that was supposed to be used to […]