Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- TNT: Use of Military Photos in Campaign Ads Can Break Rules October 24, 2014The post TNT: Use of Military Photos in Campaign Ads Can Break Rules appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- Crosscut: Bertha Repair Work Stalls Once More October 24, 2014The post Crosscut: Bertha Repair Work Stalls Once More appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- Time: Democrats Poised to Elect Republican Congressman in Central Washington October 24, 2014The post Time: Democrats Poised to Elect Republican Congressman in Central Washington appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- Top 3 International Stories I’m Watching Today October 24, 20141) The air strikes in Syria on the Islamic State by the anti-ISIS coalition (led by the U.S.) has killed 521 militants and 32 civilians. 2) Venezuela has started a new program rationing foods, basic goods and medical supplies using a fingerprinting system. Major stores and facilities have been taken over by the government. 3) NATO commanders […]
- Top 3 International Stories I’m Watching Today October 24, 20141) American Jeffrey Fowle freed from North Korea unexpectedly. 2) The Mexican government has put a warrant out for the arrest of the Mayor of Iguala where 43 people students went missing. 3) Israel and Palestine are getting heated again after the death of a baby girl. A nephew of a known Hamas bomb-maker drove […]
- Top 3 International Stories I’m Watching Today October 23, 20141) Two shooting happened at a war memorial in Ottawa, Canada. Cpl. Nathan Cirillo was murdered. Please hug, virtually or in reality, any Canadian you know. 2) A bomb that went off outside of Cairo University today wounded 11 people. Ajnad Misr (Soldiers of Egypt) claimed responsibility for the bombing. 3) Sit-in protests in the capital […]
- Hillary Clinton: Corporations and Businesses Don’t Create Jobs October 24, 2014At a Democratic rally in Massachusetts, Hillary Clinton’s attempt to attack “trickle-down economics,” resulted in a spectacularly odd statement. Clinton defended raising the minimum wage saying “Don’t let anybody tell you that raising the minimum wage will kill jobs, they always say that.” She went on to state that businesses and corporations are not the ...
- Pentagon Introduces ‘Germ Zapping Robot’ to Fight Ebola October 24, 2014
- Truthy Removes Part of Website That Monitored Conservative Hashtags October 24, 2014The National Science Foundation (NSF) project designed to track “misinformation” on Twitter has removed portions of its website that monitored political users, including conservatives who used the “tcot” hashtag.
- How Many Lives Will Self-Driving Cars Save? October 24, 2014Self-driving car advocates often note that more than 90 percent of serious accidents result from driver error, and thus estimate that autonomous cars will reduce fatalities by 90 percent. Indeed, in 2008 a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) study of crashes between July 2005 and December 2007 found that 5,096 were caused by driver […]
- Not Much of a Comeback October 23, 2014CNN breathlessly reports that, in a “surprising comeback” over the past 10 to 15 years, “passenger rail has seen a resurgence in ridership.” The article is accompanied by 14 beautiful photographs of passenger trains, nearly all either tourist trains or trains in other countries and none of Amtrak, the near-monopoly provider of intercity passenger rail […]
- Frequent Buses Yes; Dedicated Lanes No October 21, 2014In an op-ed in the Albuquerque Journal, the Antiplanner argues that transit agencies in medium-sized cities such as Albuquerque should experiment with “bus-rapid transit lite”–meaning increasing bus frequencies, reducing the number of stops so as to speed schedules, and prepayment of fares to speed loading of passengers. But dedicating traffic lanes to buses