This morning, during the 8am hour, the faithful listeners of the Bob Miller show on KPAM 860am were posed with a thought experiment. Evidenty George Zimmerman is having difficulty leading a normal life these days, and he’s launched a website to accept donations to cover expenses and pay his legal fees: http://www.therealgeorgezimmerman.com/. On his show, […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Weekend buzzkill: gas tax and licensing fee increases take effect this Friday June 29, 2016This holiday weekend, commemorate your independence by paying more in taxes. On Friday, July 1st, your gas tax and car licensing fees are going up. The post Weekend buzzkill: gas tax and licensing fee increases take effect this Friday appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- Washington’s Mass Timber Opportunity May 26, 2016The post Washington’s Mass Timber Opportunity appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- Regional Councils Prepare Workforce Plans for 2016-2020 May 25, 2016The post Regional Councils Prepare Workforce Plans for 2016-2020 appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- Today’s Top 3 International Stories: Syria, Libya & Uganda February 23, 20161) The U.S. and Russia have come to a decision on a ceasefire for Syria, which will include all warring parties except the two largest terrorist blocks, Al-Nursa and ISIS. Previous agreements to stop violence and provide aid have failed to stay in place. Sec. of State John Kerry said if the current deal fails […]
- Today’s (Late) Top 3 International Stories: Bahrain, Libya & Russia February 18, 20161) On Sunday, four American members of the press were arrested in Bahrain, while covering protests marking the anniversary of Bahrain’s 2011 Arab Spring uprising. Family members now report that on Tuesday, Bahrain released Anna Day and her camera crew after being interrogated. They have left Bahrain. The government claims the four participated in an […]
- Today Top 3+ International Stories: Egypt, Mexico, France Plus Syria February 12, 20161) In Egypt, thousands of doctors in Cairo turned out to protest after reports circulated that two doctors at a hospital in the capital had been beaten by police. It is not clear why the doctors were targeted, but it could be because they treated or sympathized with dissenters in opposition to former military leader […]
- Sanders: ‘Political Revolution’ Will Continue July 26, 2016Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.) capped the first night of the Democratic National Convention by cheering the “political revolution” spurred by his presidential campaign before expressing his support for Hillary Clinton. “Together, my friends, we have begun a political revolution to transform America, and that revolution—our revolution—continues,” Sanders told the crowd in Philadelphia. “Election days […]
- Harrington: Trump Smart to Make Play for Sanders Supporters July 26, 2016The post Harrington: Trump Smart to Make Play for Sanders Supporters appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Six Union Bigwigs Condemning One Percent Earned $2.3M in 2015 July 26, 2016The six union leaders who took the stage on Monday at the Democratic National Convention to condemn the richest one percent took home nearly $2.3 million in total compensation in 2015, according to federal labor filings. The post Six Union Bigwigs Condemning One Percent Earned $2.3M in 2015 appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- A Plank Worth Supporting July 25, 2016The current administration’s transportation department “subordinates civil engineering to social engineering as it pursues an exclusively urban vision of dense housing and government transit,” notes page 5 of the 2016 Republican Party Platform. For example, the administration’s “ill-named Livability Initiative is meant to ‘coerce people out of their cars.'” In contrast, Republicans pledge “to remove […]
- The Arrogance of the Elite July 18, 2016America needs less democracy to avoid tyranny, says Andrew Sullivan in New York magazine. America “suffers from too much democracy,” agrees Richard Cohen in the Washington Post. Anyone who supports Donald Trump is a traitor, writes Charles Pierce in Esquire. James Traub in Foreign Policy calls Trump and Brexit supporters “ignorance masses” and says it’s […]
- Taking a Break July 14, 2016The Antiplanner will be doing “research” in several national parks over the next week or so, so postings will be light to non-existent. I’ll be back July 25. Have a nice summer.