When a government program to provide help to the needy turns out to be well-targeted, effective, and efficient, most Americans are eager to stand up and applaud. When such programs deteriorate over time because of abuse, neglect, and poor oversight, then it’s up to taxpayers to call for reform. We are at just such a […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Sonics | Special Session | Snow Storm April 25, 2017Here are five things we think are worth keeping your eye on in Washington state politics this week – from DC to Olympia to Seattle. We’re building this Monday morning email to be a briefing of things we thing merit your attention for the week ahead. If you have suggestions on what to add, we’d […]
- Bringing the Sonics Back to Seattle April 25, 2017More than five years ago, our Seattle-based partnership began the long and thorough process of developing the SODO Arena. Our sole focus is to bring the NBA and NHL back to Seattle. We believe our proposal to build a privately funded, state-of-the-art Arena at the southern end of Seattle’s zoned Stadium District, directly south of […]
- Event: Breakfast with the Wire, A Review of the Regular Session April 21, 2017As the legislative session draws to a close, we look forward to dissecting the moving parts of the 105-day Regular Legislative Session and thinking about how the impacts of this session will play out in the Washington State economy. So, we are working with our sister site www.stateofreform.com to invite some of the most quietly impactful […]
- Bill Nye Suggests Government Should Punish Parents Who Have Too Many Children April 26, 2017The post Bill Nye Suggests Government Should Punish Parents Who Have Too Many Children appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Hillary Clinton’s Fmr Campaign Spokesmen Rush to Defend Chelsea From Social Media Detractors April 26, 2017Hillary Clinton's top spokesmen for her failed 2016 presidential campaign rushed to defend Chelsea Clinton on social media this week after the former first daughter claimed again that she is not running for public office. The post Hillary Clinton’s Fmr Campaign Spokesmen Rush to Defend Chelsea From Social Media Detractors appeared first on Washington Free […]
- Liberals Slam Obama for Taking $400K From Wall Street April 26, 2017Some notable liberals are not happy with former President Barack Obama's decision to give a speech at a Wall Street conference. The post Liberals Slam Obama for Taking $400K From Wall Street appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Reason #3 to Stop Subsidizing TransitFew Use It and Fewer Need It April 25, 2017In 1960, when most of the nation’s transit was private (and profitable), 7.81 million people took transit to work. By 2015, the nation’s working population had grown by nearly 130 percent, and taxpayers had spent well over a trillion dollars improving and operating urban transit systems. Yet the number of people taking transit to work […]
- The Rail Transit Money Pit April 24, 2017After more than a year of shut-downs, slow-downs, and break-downs, the Washington Metro rail system still faces a huge maintenance backlog. Meanwhile, rail opponents in Hawaii placed a full-page ad in the Washington Post begging President Trump to cancel funding for that city’s increasingly expensive rail project. Click image to download a PDF of this […]
- Reason #2 to Stop Subsidizing TransitSubsidies Haven’t Increased Ridership April 21, 2017In 2015, the American Public Transportation Association issued a press release whose headline claimed that transit ridership in 2014 achieved a new record. However, the story revealed that 2014 ridership was the highest since 1956. That’s no more a record than if it was the highest since 2013. The truth is that America’s urban population […]