Explosive report shows that teachers who are barred from teaching again in Washington State are still drawing generous teacher pensions at state expense. King 5 aired an investigative report that exposed more than $2 million per year of wasted taxpayer’s money. Research showed that in some cases, former teachers who had been barred from teaching […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Congressional Democrats investing in job creation, infrastructure May 26, 2017Representative Pramila Jayapal, along with the other co-chairs of the Congressional Progressive Caucus introduced a bold infrastructure proposal yesterday, entitled 21st Century New Deal for Jobs. The proposal is in part a response to President Trump’s campaign rhetoric of creating jobs and investing in infrastructure, which Rep. Jayapal feels was ignored in President Trump’s budget. […]
- Senate majority leader optimistic, confident about second special session May 24, 2017Senate Majority Leader Mark Schoesler, R-Ritzville, issued the following statement after Gov. Jay Inslee called the Legislature into a second special session for 2017, starting at noon today. I absolutely believe we will come to an agreement on a new two-year budget and how to fully fund Washington’s education system. We did not come here […]
- Issaquah City Councilmember Tola Marts Announces Campaign For Congress May 23, 2017Issaquah City Councilmember Tola Marts announced his campaign today for Congress in Washington’s Eighth Congressional District. “I decided to run for Congress because I worry that America’s standing as a place where dreams can happen, and opportunity can be seized, is slipping. I also worry that with all the political division and partisanship, we’re losing […]
- Tweet Goes Viral Claiming Trump Didn’t Wear Translating Device for Speech, White House Pushes Back May 28, 2017The White House is pushing back against a BBC reporter's tweet that went viral claiming President Trump did not wear a translating device while Italian Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni spoke Saturday at the G7 summit. The post Tweet Goes Viral Claiming Trump Didn’t Wear Translating Device for Speech, White House Pushes Back appeared first on […]
- True Stories and Fascinating Asides May 28, 2017This book begins with an "archaeological axiom": "One stone is a stone./ Two stones is a feature./ Three stones is a wall./ Four stones is a building./ Five stones is a palace./ (Six stones is a palace built by aliens.)" The post True Stories and Fascinating Asides appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Nearly Half of Dem Rep. Luis Gutierrez’s First Quarter Campaign Expenditures Went to Wife May 28, 2017Nearly half of the campaign expenditures made by Democratic Rep. Luis Gutierrez (Ill.) during the first quarter of 2017 went to his wife, according to Federal Election Commission filings. The post Nearly Half of Dem Rep. Luis Gutierrez’s First Quarter Campaign Expenditures Went to Wife appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- New York City’s Only Hope May 26, 2017Back in 2010, when the Federal Transit Administration admitted that the transit industry had a $78 billion maintenance backlog, America’s largest transit system seemed to be in the best shape of those with legacy (older than 40 years) rail lines. Having undergone its own crisis in the 1970s, the New York Metropolitan Transit Authority appeared […]
- FTA New Starts Report for 2018 May 25, 2017The Federal Transit Administration released is annual recommendations for 2018 federal capital grants to local transit projects, a.k.a. New Starts report. Usually, the report went through all sorts of gyrations rating each projects by various criteria. This year, the criteria, or rather criterion, was simple. Had the FTA already agreed to fund the project with […]
- Administration Blinks in Budget Showdown May 24, 2017The Trump administration released its proposed 2018 budget yesterday to great fanfare and gnashing of teeth over proposed cuts to the so-called safety net. The truth is that the document released yesterday actually has less information in it than the budget blueprint that was released a couple of months ago. More significant is the decision […]