Over the past couple of weeks, we’ve been inundated with stories in the mainstream media trumpeting some variation on the idea that, “It’s all over, Obama‘s reelection is inevitable, Romney has a much tougher path to 270 electoral votes” and so on. Now comes a fresh line of attack from the leftist media. This week’s […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Capital budget’s impact on school construction funding July 21, 2017The third special session ended yesterday without the passage of the $4.2 billion capital budget. Legislators were unable to agree on a water-rights bill to address the Supreme Court’s Hirst decision, an issue rural representatives had tried to raise repeatedly throughout the session. “We’ve never seen anything like this before, but the stakes have never […]
- Ranker: Unconscionable that Senate Republicans blocked vote on capital budget July 21, 2017Sen. Kevin Ranker, D-Orcas Island, released this statement after Senate Republicans refused to allow a vote on the state capital budget: It is incredibly unfortunate that on the final day of the special legislative session, the Senate Republicans placed their political agenda ahead of the wellbeing of our children, mentally ill, homeless, and public and […]
- Capital budget, Ryan Calkins, #dadhacks July 20, 2017With luck, today will be the last day of the 2017 legislative session, giving us a whopping 12 days before the August primary. We’ve got a few data points for you, both qualitative and quantitative, on the session and the ballot box in this edition of the Morning Wire. As always, thanks for reading our […]
- Top Trump Envoy Heads to Israel After Terror Attacks July 23, 2017Senior Trump administration Israel adviser Jason Greenblatt will head to Israel Sunday evening, just days after violence broke out in Jerusalem and Palestinian terrorists killed several Israeli citizens, according to senior Trump administration officials who spoke to the Washington Free Beacon. Greenblatt will head to Israel in a bid to restart the diplomatic process between […]
- Kredo: State Department Has Gone Rogue on Israel July 23, 2017The post Kredo: State Department Has Gone Rogue on Israel appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Scaramucci: I’m Going to Fire Any White House Leakers July 23, 2017The post Scaramucci: I’m Going to Fire Any White House Leakers appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- “Stability” Is Another Word for “Lack of Accountability” July 22, 2017A bill in the California legislature would give Caltrain, the commuter trains that connect San Jose with San Francisco, “permanent financial stability.” That’s good news if you think you will be riding Caltrains one thousand years from now, but it’s bad news for the taxpayers who will have to “permanently”–however long that is–pay for running […]
- HUD Backs Off on Housing Mandate July 21, 2017In a case with national ramifications, the Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) has effectively given up on its efforts to impose high-density housing on low-density suburbs in the name of racial integration. HUD had ordered Westchester County, New York, to build low-income housing in response to claims that county zoning led to segregated […]
- Will Miami Settle for Modern Transportation? July 20, 2017“Can Miami afford more rail?” asks the Miami Herald. “Or will it settle for buses?” That’s like asking if you can afford an IBM 700 mainframe computer from the 1950s or if you will settle for a MacBook Pro. Both buses and laptop computers are far less expensive than rails and mainframes, but the former […]