If there ever was a time to start a movement, that time has come. Did we really think that our everlasting freedom would be won by a few funny tweets, a handful of hashtag hijacks, and a charismatic duo in Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan? To believe that freedom could be won so easily does […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Washington responds to House pulling the AHCA March 24, 2017Speaker of the House Paul Ryan conceded Friday that there are not enough votes to pass the American Health Care Act through his chamber. Ryan needed 216 votes to pass the legislation that would repeal the Affordable Care Act and replace it with a system of flat tax credits dispersed to residents based on age, […]
- Press Release: O’Ban, Rossi say Sound Transit move to engage misses mark March 24, 2017The Sound Transit board passed a motion today to authorize its CEO “to continue communications and engagement with the State Legislature” in order to “pursue options to address public concerns” about its inflated car tab tax calculation method. Sens. Steve O’Ban and Dino Rossi said the premise of the motion does not address the public […]
- Republicans share their budget proposal, but don’t expect a deal anytime soon March 23, 2017The Republican Senate majority unveiled its proposed budget for the 2017-2019 biennium this week. The $43.3 billion plan to fund state government includes $1.8 billion in new money for schools, spending more than 50 percent of the state budget on education for the first time since the 1980s. Senate plan spends over 50% of state […]
- Cotton Says That Congress Has to Revisit Obamacare March 26, 2017The post Cotton Says That Congress Has to Revisit Obamacare appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Sanders Admits Obamacare Premiums Are ‘Too High’, Calls for Single-Payer System March 26, 2017The post Sanders Admits Obamacare Premiums Are ‘Too High’, Calls for Single-Payer System appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Anti-Gorsuch Activist’s ‘Dark Money’ Hypocrisy March 26, 2017The head of a liberal dark money group criticized Supreme Court nominee Judge Neil Gorsuch because of his stance on political disclosures and Citizens United. The post Anti-Gorsuch Activist’s ‘Dark Money’ Hypocrisy appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Backstabbing in the Self-Driving Car Industry March 24, 2017Bloomberg has a long article about Google’s lawsuit against Uber over self-driving car technology. In a nutshell, one of Google’s top engineers, Anthony Levandowski, left Google to start a new company called Otto that was then purchased by Uber for $700 million, and Google is accusing Levandowski of taking its company secrets with him and […]
- Transit Ridership Down 2.3% in 2016 March 23, 2017With little fanfare, the American Public Transportation Association (APTA) released its fourth quarter 2016 ridership report last week. When ridership goes up, the lobby group usually issues a big press release ballyhooing the importance of transit (and transit subsidies). But 2016 ridership fell, so there was no press release. The report showed that light-rail ridership […]
- Did Nader Really Call Apple a Monopoly? March 22, 2017“Consumer advocate Ralph Nader, concerned about fake news prevalent on social media sites, believes Congress should weigh in with antitrust legislation targeting Facebook, Google, Microsoft and Apple,” reports the Washington Examiner. Say what? Just what do Microsoft and Apple have to do with so-called fake news? How are any of these companies monopolies? Is Ralph […]