The Salem-Keizer Sentinel is reporting this evening that David Darnell, Republican candidate for Oregon House District 18, has been cleared of any wrong doing in his voter’s pamphlet statement by the Secretary of State, despite a complaint filed and negative campaign literature to the contrary: May 17, 2014 The Oregon Secretary of State has cleared David […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Washington Healthplanfinder Adds More In-Person Assistance Sites for 2018 Open Enrollment October 19, 2017Six full-service enrollment centers, seven broker affiliate sites to offer help to Washingtonians signing up for coverage OLYMPIA, Wash. — The Washington Health Benefit Exchange today announced that 13 statewide locations will offer in-person assistance to Washington Healthplanfinder customers during the upcoming open enrollment period taking place Nov. 1, 2017-Jan. 15, 2018. These customer support […]
- Morning Wire: McLeary, Amazon, Sound Transit October 18, 2017Good morning. We have some big ticket items on our radar screen: ballots, Amazon, and the Supreme Court. We detail all of those for you in this edition of the Morning Wire. Of course, our 2017 Re-Wire Policy Conference is also on the horizon. We’re recruiting speakers and sponsors now, so if you want to […]
- Three things to think about ahead of the next HQ2 opportunity October 18, 2017Proposals are due to Amazon tomorrow from cities interested in recruiting the company – and its 50,000 new jobs – to the community. You can take a look at the 8-page guidance memo from Amazon here to see specifically the things they are looking for. In one of his only official acts during his short […]
- Dem Rep: Women Have ‘Responsibility’ to Avoid Sexual Assault by Not Appearing ‘Inviting’ October 19, 2017The post Dem Rep: Women Have ‘Responsibility’ to Avoid Sexual Assault by Not Appearing ‘Inviting’ appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- As Opioids Cross the Border, Several Senators Consider Importing Drugs from Canada October 19, 2017Multiple bills circulating through Congress indicate lawmakers are interested in allowing Americans to import prescription drugs from Canada and other nations, even though that proposal has been strongly criticized by leading members of the law enforcement community. The post As Opioids Cross the Border, Several Senators Consider Importing Drugs from Canada appeared first on Washington […]
- Morgan Freeman to Play Colin Powell in Upcoming Movie October 19, 2017Morgan Freeman will play former Secretary of State Colin Powell in an upcoming movie about the retired four-star general's life. The post Morgan Freeman to Play Colin Powell in Upcoming Movie appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- 2nd Quarter Home Price Indices October 19, 2017Someone just paid $1.1 million for a tear-down/fixer-upper in Mountain View, California. That’s not really news, as prices in Silicon Valley have been increasingly outrageous. What’s news is that they bought the house with the provisos that the existing owner will get to live there for seven years; the buyer didn’t get to see the […]
- Taxing and Regulating the Competition October 18, 2017Here’s a difference between government-run businesses and private businesses: when private businesses face competition, they are forced to innovate to survive. When government-run businesses face competition, they can regulate or tax their competitors out of business. Blackberry was once the dominant smart phone. Then came the iPhone, which reduced Blackberry subscribers from 85 million to […]
- More Signs of the Transit Apocalypse October 17, 2017According to the Washingtonian, a transit advocacy group called TransitCenter “analyzed” the data and found that declining ridership on the Washington Metro system is “dragging down national ridership figures.” With the Metro’s numbers, the national total of heavy-rail riders is declining; without Metro, heavy-rail plus light-rail ridership is increasing. In other words, just give Metro […]