Hey, who knew there was a Wall Street in Harrisburg, Oregon? You know who is ruining the world for the little guy? Grass seed farmers! Let’s get ‘em! From today’s Albany Democrat Herald: Mid-valley grass-seed wholesalers and trucking companies got burned when Occupy Wall Street protesters descended on the Port of Portland on Monday. “I […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- House Democrat introduces bill highlighting job training needs in rural counties March 22, 2017Washington Republicans have been identifying themselves as the party representing rural voters. They make those arguments when talking about water rights as it relates to the Hirst Decision. They talk about it when they discuss expanding telemedicine. They talk about it when they criticize the carbon tax as regressive and likely to hit rural commuters. […]
- Gov. Jay Inslee criticizes Senate’s proposed cuts to Western State Hospital March 22, 2017This article is crossposted on State of Reform, a health policy news site. Gov. Jay Inslee came out strongly against the Senate Majority Coalition Caucus’ proposed budget for the 2017-2019 biennium and highlighted the suggested cuts to Western State Hospital. The MCC would increase funding to mental health care by $250 million, but they focus those […]
- Senate transportation budget faces criticism at public hearing for proposed actions on collective bargaining March 21, 2017Leaders in Washington transportation expressed their support or opposition to the Senate’s proposed transportation budget Tuesday afternoon. The budget appropriates $8.4 billion for the upcoming 2017-2019 biennium, and projects higher revenue coming in than the past biennium. Most testifying Tuesday sought more wiggle room in the budget for their respective interests. Multiple people representing the […]
- Spicer to Reporter: Older Men Don’t Need Maternity Care March 23, 2017The post Spicer to Reporter: Older Men Don’t Need Maternity Care appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- New York Times Fails to Use ‘Muslim,’ ‘Islamic’ in Initial London Terror Coverage March 23, 2017Thursday's print edition of the New York Times failed to use the words "Muslim" or "Islamic" in its coverage of the London terrorist attack that left four dead, but did not shy away from condemning "deadly" anti-Muslim "Hindu extremists" in India. The post New York Times Fails to Use ‘Muslim,’ ‘Islamic’ in Initial London Terror […]
- Schumer Says He Will Vote ‘No’ on Gorsuch Nomination, Suggests Dem Filibuster March 23, 2017The post Schumer Says He Will Vote ‘No’ on Gorsuch Nomination, Suggests Dem Filibuster appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Transit Ridership Down 2.3% in 2016 March 23, 2017With little fanfare, the American Public Transportation Association (APTA) released its fourth quarter 2016 ridership report last week. When ridership goes up, the lobby group usually issues a big press release ballyhooing the importance of transit (and transit subsidies). But 2016 ridership fell, so there was no press release. The report showed that light-rail ridership […]
- Did Nader Really Call Apple a Monopoly? March 22, 2017“Consumer advocate Ralph Nader, concerned about fake news prevalent on social media sites, believes Congress should weigh in with antitrust legislation targeting Facebook, Google, Microsoft and Apple,” reports the Washington Examiner. Say what? Just what do Microsoft and Apple have to do with so-called fake news? How are any of these companies monopolies? Is Ralph […]
- Portland Housing Stupidity Grows March 21, 2017Here’s an incredibly stupid idea to deal with Portland’s housing affordability problems: Multnomah County proposes to build tiny houses in people’s backyard. The people will get to keep the houses on the condition that they allow homeless people to live in them for five years. That’s supposed to be an incentive. For five years, you […]