EXCLUSIVE 5440FIGHT.COM: Dateline Highlands New Jersey – November 11, 2012. On a day meant to honor our service members, a proud ex-servicemember is denied help by the country he fought so hard to protect. Jamie Gowan who is living out of his neighbors Jeep was denied assistance by a FEMA representative because his home is […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Washington state House Democrats ask Congress to find a solution to keep DACA recipients here September 22, 2017This week, all 50 members of the Washington state House Democratic Caucus sent a letter to Speaker Ryan and Majority Leader McConnell requesting that Congress take action in response to President Trump’s decision to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. Washington state is home for nearly 18,000 young people who are able to […]
- Morning Wire: Reichert for Gov?, Seattle Seahawks, Rep. Joe Schmick September 20, 2017The purpose of the Washington State Wire is to provide smart, strategic content with thoughtful brevity. We create original content, and we lean on the good work of others. We see our role as helping you look ahead just a little bit, to better know where the policy, political, and economic landscape is heading. Your […]
- Public policy, the will of the voters, and the Seattle Seahawks September 19, 2017“Across all demographics, the 12s are contagious. It’s for everybody.” In this quote, King County Council member Jeanne Kohl-Welles was reflecting on the role of the Seattle Seahawks as a unifying force for the Seattle community. It may be hard to remember for some, particularly the new fans that winning has recruited over the last […]
- Trump Praises Dallas Cowboys for Standing During National Anthem: ‘Big Progress Being Made’ September 26, 2017President Donald Trump praised the Dallas Cowboys Tuesday for rising for the national anthem before their Monday night game against the Arizona Cardinals. The post Trump Praises Dallas Cowboys for Standing During National Anthem: ‘Big Progress Being Made’ appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Jackson Lee Takes a Knee September 26, 2017The post Jackson Lee Takes a Knee appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- State Medicaid Adviser Says Graham-Cassidy Bill Will Stabilize Marketplace September 26, 2017A state Medicaid adviser told lawmakers on Monday that the Graham-Cassidy bill to replace Obamacare would stabilize the health care marketplace by combining Medicaid populations with younger, healthier individuals. The post State Medicaid Adviser Says Graham-Cassidy Bill Will Stabilize Marketplace appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Black Population Trends September 25, 2017Between 2015 and 2016, the total population of the San Francisco-Oakland urban area grew by 13,773 people, but the black population shrank by 5,839, suggesting that Bay Area land-use policies continue to push low-income people out of the region by making housing unaffordable. The Austin urban area, to its shame, saw a decline of 4,439 […]
- More 2016 Commuting Data September 22, 2017People who earn more than $75,000 a year are more likely to ride transit than people in any other income bracket. Most of those high-income transit riders live not in big cities like New York or Chicago but in suburbs of those cities. That information is from table B08119 from the 2016 American Community Survey. […]
- Housing Affordability in 2015 September 22, 2017Today the Antiplanner continues reviewing 2016 American Community Survey data by looking at housing affordability, a common measure of which is median house prices divided by median family incomes, or value-to-income ratio. Median family incomes are in ACS table B19113, while median home prices are in table B25077. To save you time, I’ve downloaded these […]