There was lots of big news on the ObamaCare front today, and it has caused a reexamination of the effects of this law since it was signed. Will the media finally notice health care costs rising under ObamaCare? Two court decisions issued conflicting decisions regarding the massive federal subsidies used to bribe consumers help consumers […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Senate committee discusses collective bargaining transparency August 17, 2017The Senate Commerce & Labor Committee held a work session yesterday on “public transparency in collective bargaining negotiations.” Despite the strong mandate for government transparency declared by the people in the Open Public Meetings Act, government employee contracts are usually negotiated in secret, meaning an important and costly taxpayer expense is hidden until the final bill comes due. There […]
- WA Republicans on Trump, Women running for office, Georgetown Crossing August 17, 2017Every other week, we try to distill a few things down to their essence, and offer those nuggets to you for review. Short, smart content that will inform the work you’re doing in policy and the economy today. Hopefully you find something on this list that resonates with the work you’re doing. If so, let […]
- Rep. Orwall to co-chair national Military and Veterans Task Force August 17, 2017Earlier this month, the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL), a bipartisan organization that provides research, technical assistance and opportunities for policymakers to exchange ideas on the most pressing state issues, selected Speaker Pro-Tem Tina Orwall (D-Des Moines) as co-chair of the Military & Veterans Affairs Task Force. “This is truly an honor and a great privilege,” said Orwall, who […]
- Dem Sen. Coons Praises Trump’s Remarks Against Bigotry August 22, 2017The post Dem Sen. Coons Praises Trump’s Remarks Against Bigotry appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Report: Trump and McConnell Got Into ‘Profane Shouting Match’ Over the Phone August 22, 2017President Donald Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.) got into a "profane shouting match" over the phone earlier this month when the president called to berate McConnell over the failure of the Obamacare repeal effort. The post Report: Trump and McConnell Got Into ‘Profane Shouting Match’ Over the Phone appeared first on […]
- Huckabee Sanders: Trump Will Not Pardon Sheriff Joe Arpaio at Phoenix Rally August 22, 2017President Donald Trump will not pardon Sheriff Joe Arpaio during his visit to Phoenix on Tuesday, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told the press. The post Huckabee Sanders: Trump Will Not Pardon Sheriff Joe Arpaio at Phoenix Rally appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- For Sale: Eclipse Glasses, Slightly Used August 22, 2017The Antiplanner’s eclipse was nearly smoke-free, thank you. In fact, I was in one of the best places in the nation to watch the eclipse, as we were also cloud-free. Waiting for the eclipse near Camp Sherman. Prior to the eclipse, many people were predicting chaos and even a “disaster nightmare.” “Officials are bracing for […]
- Are Environmentalists to Blame for Wildfires? August 21, 2017Today is National Eclipse Day, and thanks to the Milli, Nena Spring, and Whitewater fires, I’m likely to be viewing it through a lens of smoke. So this has me thinking about wildfires and wondering if it is true, as some claim, that environmentalists are ultimately responsible for the increase in acres burned in the […]
- “Quick Win” for Buses = Loss for Commuters August 18, 2017New York City rail transit lines have fallen on hard times, with frequent delays, accidents, and even trains not running at all. While Governor Cuomo has declared a state of emergency, some transit advocates want to make sure buses aren’t forgotten in any multi-billion-dollar fix. Some of their ideas, such as having people pay before […]