As gasoline prices hit and in some area pass $4.00 a gallon, what happened to the outrage from Congress we saw in the past? “Someone is making a killing,” said John Kerry, Democrat Senator from Massachusetts. “The American public is angry. They have a sense they are being held hostage to you, the oil companies. […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Weekend buzzkill: gas tax and licensing fee increases take effect this Friday June 29, 2016This holiday weekend, commemorate your independence by paying more in taxes. On Friday, July 1st, your gas tax and car licensing fees are going up. The post Weekend buzzkill: gas tax and licensing fee increases take effect this Friday appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- Washington’s Mass Timber Opportunity May 26, 2016The post Washington’s Mass Timber Opportunity appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- Regional Councils Prepare Workforce Plans for 2016-2020 May 25, 2016The post Regional Councils Prepare Workforce Plans for 2016-2020 appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- Today’s Top 3 International Stories: Syria, Libya & Uganda February 23, 20161) The U.S. and Russia have come to a decision on a ceasefire for Syria, which will include all warring parties except the two largest terrorist blocks, Al-Nursa and ISIS. Previous agreements to stop violence and provide aid have failed to stay in place. Sec. of State John Kerry said if the current deal fails […]
- Today’s (Late) Top 3 International Stories: Bahrain, Libya & Russia February 18, 20161) On Sunday, four American members of the press were arrested in Bahrain, while covering protests marking the anniversary of Bahrain’s 2011 Arab Spring uprising. Family members now report that on Tuesday, Bahrain released Anna Day and her camera crew after being interrogated. They have left Bahrain. The government claims the four participated in an […]
- Today Top 3+ International Stories: Egypt, Mexico, France Plus Syria February 12, 20161) In Egypt, thousands of doctors in Cairo turned out to protest after reports circulated that two doctors at a hospital in the capital had been beaten by police. It is not clear why the doctors were targeted, but it could be because they treated or sympathized with dissenters in opposition to former military leader […]
- Continetti Addresses ‘Alt-Right’ Movement on PBS NewsHour August 25, 2016The post Continetti Addresses ‘Alt-Right’ Movement on PBS NewsHour appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Flashback: Obama in 2008 on ‘Keeping Our Faith With Veterans’ August 25, 2016The post Flashback: Obama in 2008 on ‘Keeping Our Faith With Veterans’ appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- State Department Ordered to Begin Release of New Clinton Emails by September 13 August 25, 2016A Judge ordered the State Department to start the release of the 15,000 new Clinton emails found by the FBI on September 13, Reuters reports. The post State Department Ordered to Begin Release of New Clinton Emails by September 13 appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- A Mere $54 Billion for Light Rail August 25, 2016Seattle’s regional transit agency, Sound Transit, wants voters to approve a tax increase so it can spend another $54 billion on new light-rail lines. The agency’s first light-rail line went 86 percent over its original projections, but the agency assures the public that it has realized that voters are so innumerate that it no longer […]
- Trains Are Sometimes Crowded August 24, 2016British trains are sometimes crowded, especially around London. The Antiplanner was lucky to leave London in a nearly empty train, but other trains have been standing room only. I stood for nearly two hours on a train from Westbury to Newport the other day. According to Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn, overcrowding is evidence that […]
- Self-Driving Cars Edge Closer August 23, 2016People who remain skeptical of self-driving cars simply aren’t paying attention. The biggest news in the past week is that Ford’s chief executive, Mark Fields, has pledged that his company will have “fleets” of totally self-driving cars–with no steering wheels or pedals–in American cities by 2021. His wording makes it appear that Ford will not […]