What’s Governor Kitzhaber hiding now? The Salem Statesman Journal reports that John Kitzhaber is refusing to release emails related to his reasoning for placing an unconstitutional “moratorium” on the death penalty in Oregon. Gov. John Kitzhaber’s administration is refusing to release more than 150 emails dealing with internal advice the governor received prior to his […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Weekend buzzkill: gas tax and licensing fee increases take effect this Friday June 29, 2016This holiday weekend, commemorate your independence by paying more in taxes. On Friday, July 1st, your gas tax and car licensing fees are going up.
- Washington’s Mass Timber Opportunity May 26, 2016
- Regional Councils Prepare Workforce Plans for 2016-2020 May 25, 2016
- Today’s Top 3 International Stories: Syria, Libya & Uganda February 23, 20161) The U.S. and Russia have come to a decision on a ceasefire for Syria, which will include all warring parties except the two largest terrorist blocks, Al-Nursa and ISIS. Previous agreements to stop violence and provide aid have failed to stay in place. Sec. of State John Kerry said if the current deal fails […]
- Today’s (Late) Top 3 International Stories: Bahrain, Libya & Russia February 18, 20161) On Sunday, four American members of the press were arrested in Bahrain, while covering protests marking the anniversary of Bahrain’s 2011 Arab Spring uprising. Family members now report that on Tuesday, Bahrain released Anna Day and her camera crew after being interrogated. They have left Bahrain. The government claims the four participated in an […]
- Today Top 3+ International Stories: Egypt, Mexico, France Plus Syria February 12, 20161) In Egypt, thousands of doctors in Cairo turned out to protest after reports circulated that two doctors at a hospital in the capital had been beaten by police. It is not clear why the doctors were targeted, but it could be because they treated or sympathized with dissenters in opposition to former military leader […]
- Fox Calls Out White House for Blaming Obamacare Premium Spikes on GOP October 27, 2016The post Fox Calls Out White House for Blaming Obamacare Premium Spikes on GOP appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- John Podesta Really, Really Wanted Justice for Cecil the Lion October 27, 2016Hillary Clinton's campaign chair John Podesta made multiple attempts to get a Pulitzer Prize-winning former New York Times correspondent to write an op-ed calling for the extradition and jailing of the American dentist responsible for killing Cecil the Lion, emails released this week show. The post John Podesta Really, Really Wanted Justice for Cecil the […]
- Obama on Showing ACA Works: ‘We’re Not Going to Get That Much Help Through the Media’ October 27, 2016The post Obama on Showing ACA Works: ‘We’re Not Going to Get That Much Help Through the Media’ appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Debt Without Deficits October 27, 2016According to the Congressional Budget Office, the federal deficit in 2016 was $590 billion. But the federal debt in 2016 grew by $1.4 trillion. That means the debt grew by about $800 billion more than the deficit. How can that be? The answer is that Congress uses all kinds of accounting tricks to pretend that […]
- Density and Auto Commuting in 2015 October 26, 2016A few weeks ago, the Antiplanner posted commuting data from the Census Bureau’s 2015 American Community Survey. But I haven’t compared commuting with urban densities since the 2000 census. The chart below shows this comparison for 226 urbanized areas. For each decennial census, the Census Bureau maps the land around each major city that is […]
- Run for Your Lives! It’s Megalopolis! October 25, 2016When I was about 12 or 13 years old–this would have been about 1964 or 1965–my elementary school principal gathered the upper classes into the auditorium and gave a lecture about megalopolis, the huge expanse of urbanized land stretching from Boston to Washington. I don’t know why he did that–as far as I can recall, […]