What’s Governor Kitzhaber hiding now? The Salem Statesman Journal reports that John Kitzhaber is refusing to release emails related to his reasoning for placing an unconstitutional “moratorium” on the death penalty in Oregon. Gov. John Kitzhaber’s administration is refusing to release more than 150 emails dealing with internal advice the governor received prior to his […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Washington State Wire Vacation Time August 12, 2015The Washington State Wire will be taking a vacation until the first week in October. Join us then for more original reporting and links to other top articles. The post Washington State Wire Vacation Time appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- Vying for Governor, Bill Bryant Seeks to Expand His Brand August 11, 2015As a Port of Seattle commissioner, Bryant is well known in Westside business and industrial circles, and better known in Eastern Washington’s agricultural world. It’s everyone else that needs an introduction, he says, if he’s to convince them he’s their choice in the 2016 gubernatorial election. The post Vying for Governor, Bill Bryant Seeks to […]
- Washington State Can Lead on Global Warming and Clean Energy August 11, 2015Washingtonians demand urgent action on climate. If our elected leaders won’t lead us forward, then the people will. The Alliance for Jobs and Clean Energy is Washington state’s coalition of individuals, organizations and businesses dedicated to reducing global-warming pollution and strengthening our economy. The post Washington State Can Lead on Global Warming and Clean Energy […]
- Today’s Top 3 International Stories: UN, Syria & Israel September 29, 20151) Russia and the U.S. have stepped up talks concerning Syria on the sidelines of the UN summit. Russia has been increasing its military presence in Syria to “fight ISIS.” Secretary of State John Kerry and Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said the two parties agree to a few basic points on the conflict in Syria: […]
- Today’s Top 3 International Headlines: UN, Iran & Montenegro September 28, 20151) The UN’s general assembly meeting which marks its 70th anniversary starts today. Major points on the agenda include ISIS, Syria, and the refugee crisis. Russian President Vladimir Putin and President Barack Obama both addressed the assembly, mostly focused Syria. Iran’s President will also be addressing the meeting. Climate change and the ideals of the UN […]
- Today’s Top 3 International Headlines: Saudi Arabia, Yemen, & EU September 24, 20151) A stampede in Mina, Saudi Arabia led to the death of more than 700 Muslim pilgrims, making their journey to Mecca as a part of the annual Islamic religious season called Hajj. Another 800 were wounded. The beginning of the incident has been described as a surge of people on local pathways, which caused […]
- CNN Panelist: Rand Paul’s Campaign ‘Officially on Death Watch’ October 4, 2015The post CNN Panelist: Rand Paul’s Campaign ‘Officially on Death Watch’ appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Chimen Abramsky Kept Soviet Committee Reports, Marx and Lenin’s Old Books, and 20,000 Other Volumes in His London Home October 4, 2015The ancient Greeks and Romans believed that memory was “the treasure-house of the ideas supplied by Invention.” They took this metaphor very seriously. To them, visualizing things in time and space was central to the art of remembrance. In the first century A.D., Quintilian developed an elegant technique that has withstood the test of time. […]
- Fun to Lose October 4, 2015At the peak of its underground prestige, Sub Pop Records was known to wave off the innumerable demo submissions that didn’t interest them with a form letter that opened with “Dear Loser.” It was less a gesture of hipster mean-spiritedness than brand consistency. In its late-1980s infancy, Sub Pop had found the tone that most […]