What’s Governor Kitzhaber hiding now? The Salem Statesman Journal reports that John Kitzhaber is refusing to release emails related to his reasoning for placing an unconstitutional “moratorium” on the death penalty in Oregon. Gov. John Kitzhaber’s administration is refusing to release more than 150 emails dealing with internal advice the governor received prior to his […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Weekend buzzkill: gas tax and licensing fee increases take effect this Friday June 29, 2016This holiday weekend, commemorate your independence by paying more in taxes. On Friday, July 1st, your gas tax and car licensing fees are going up. The post Weekend buzzkill: gas tax and licensing fee increases take effect this Friday appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- Washington’s Mass Timber Opportunity May 26, 2016The post Washington’s Mass Timber Opportunity appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- Regional Councils Prepare Workforce Plans for 2016-2020 May 25, 2016The post Regional Councils Prepare Workforce Plans for 2016-2020 appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- Today’s Top 3 International Stories: Syria, Libya & Uganda February 23, 20161) The U.S. and Russia have come to a decision on a ceasefire for Syria, which will include all warring parties except the two largest terrorist blocks, Al-Nursa and ISIS. Previous agreements to stop violence and provide aid have failed to stay in place. Sec. of State John Kerry said if the current deal fails […]
- Today’s (Late) Top 3 International Stories: Bahrain, Libya & Russia February 18, 20161) On Sunday, four American members of the press were arrested in Bahrain, while covering protests marking the anniversary of Bahrain’s 2011 Arab Spring uprising. Family members now report that on Tuesday, Bahrain released Anna Day and her camera crew after being interrogated. They have left Bahrain. The government claims the four participated in an […]
- Today Top 3+ International Stories: Egypt, Mexico, France Plus Syria February 12, 20161) In Egypt, thousands of doctors in Cairo turned out to protest after reports circulated that two doctors at a hospital in the capital had been beaten by police. It is not clear why the doctors were targeted, but it could be because they treated or sympathized with dissenters in opposition to former military leader […]
- Report: Hillary Clinton Super PAC Accepted $200K in Improper Donations June 29, 2016A pro-Hillary Clinton super-PAC accepted multiple contributions from a company that contracts with the U.S. government despite such donations being banned under campaign finance laws. The post Report: Hillary Clinton Super PAC Accepted $200K in Improper Donations appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Benghazi Committee Congressmen Lay Out Damning Findings of Report for Clinton, Obama Administration June 29, 2016The post Benghazi Committee Congressmen Lay Out Damning Findings of Report for Clinton, Obama Administration appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- MSNBC Panels Slam Clinton’s Reaction To Benghazi, Report June 29, 2016The post MSNBC Panels Slam Clinton’s Reaction To Benghazi, Report appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Ignorance and Bias About Self-Driving Cars June 29, 2016The National Association of City Transportation Officials (NACTO) has issued a policy statement regarding self-driving cars that betrays ignorance about the technology and bias against cars in general. This summary boils down the policy statement to five recommendations, a few of which make sense but most of which do not. First, NACTO wants to forbid […]
- Columbus Wins $90 Million Burden June 28, 2016Columbus, Ohio won the competition for a $40 million “smart transportation” grant from the federal government (plus $10 million from Paul Allen). The city must match this with $90 million in local funds, so it is questionable who is the real winner: Columbus or the cities that applied but didn’t win. Columbus’ application is somewhat […]
- Class Consciousness June 27, 2016In a reversal of stereotypes, “Democrats have become a party of the wealthy” admits Fredrik deBoer in the Washington Post. Meanwhile, Republicans–much to the chagrin of some Republican “elites”–have become a party of the working class. The Antiplanner was reminded of this when I saw a report saying that 29.4 percent of Americans were now […]