Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- THE WORLD CLASS HOUR on FTR RADIO – 9/30/14 – with @GaltsGirl October 1, 2014Our guest was @GaltsGirl! Yemen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htjz_I3xnEQ ISIS in Iraq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFpGUcDrhQk Russia – Lavrov takes a totally bipolar stance towards the U.S. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRcyPHz5VlU THUNDER ROUND Eurasia: Fighting still on-going in Ukraine http://online.wsj.com/articles/ukraine-forces-repel-two-fresh-
- Top 3 International Stories I’m Watching Today October 1, 20141) Venezuelan currency has reached an all time low. Seriously, it’s $33 for a Big Mac. 2) At least 2 major attacks have happened near the Donetsk airport, with the largest lapse in the ceasefire so far. 3) EU Neighborhood and Enlargement Negotiations Commissioner-designate Johannes Hahn says there will be no enlargement of the EU […]
- Top 3 International Stories I’m Watching Today September 29, 20141) Protesters in Hong Kong came out in support of greater democracy this weekend. Yesterday, there were riot police and tear gas, but today China has withdrawn the police calling the protests “calmer”. 2) Catalonia has granted their President the power to hold a referendum for independence from Spain. While they have tried to schedule […]
- Iranian Doctor Hung for ‘Heresy’ After Eight Years in Prison October 1, 2014(Reuters) - A former psychologist has been executed for heresy in Iran after eight years in detention, human rights groups said, in the latest example of what activists say is a worrying rise in the use of death penalty by the Islamic Republic.
- Subprime Loans Are Back Thanks to GM October 1, 2014The unstable subprime loans that cratered the housing market are making a come back in the U.S. auto market.
- GAO: Obama Can’t Bail Out Insurers Without Congress October 1, 2014The insurance industry's losses through President Obama's health care law cannot be recouped with a bailout unless the U.S. Congress approves it, according to a release from the Government Accountability Office.
- “Equity” Is a Word We Want to Use in this Press Release October 1, 2014Advancing its “regional transit equity” plan, the Twin Cities Metropolitan Council issued a press release last week announcing it has received a $3.26 million federal grant to build or “enhance” 140 bus shelters. This money is matched, on a one-to-four basis, with $815,000 of local funds, meaning each bus shelter will cost a whopping $29,000. […]
- Still on the Road September 29, 2014Tonight, the Antiplanner will be in Rochester, Minnesota to address a proposed high-speed train between Rochester and Minneapolis. I’ll speak at the Rochester International Event Center, 7333 Airport Drive SW, at 7 pm. The Minnesota Department of Transportation is going through the process of preparing an environmental impact statement for the “zip train.” I
- Debate with Myron Orfield September 25, 2014The Antiplanner squared off against regionalist Myron Orfield in Minneapolis yesterday over the question of whether governments should try to regulate land uses. My presentation (11.6-MB PowerPoint or 10.5-MB PDF version) argued that urban areas are too complicated to regulate and that attempts to do so end up doing more harm than good. Dr. Orfield […]