This stuff doesn’t write itself. Please consider making a small donation to help keep it going. You know you like the content. How bout a buck or two? It’s a bargain considering how many times you come back. And let’s be honest, you know you are coming back.
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Wyble: Why “Keep Seattle.” April 28, 2017For so many people that moved to Seattle, they can vividly remember the first time they came across the floating bridge or landed at Sea-Tac. They can remember the city skyline rising in the distance as they got closer to downtown. They can remember the sense of possibility as they were starting a new job, […]
- Reps. McCaslin and Taylor release statement following governor’s partial veto of school siting bill April 26, 2017In a surprise move earlier today, Gov. Jay Inslee vetoed section one of Rep. Bob McCaslin’s House Bill 1017, which would authorize the construction of schools and school facilities outside of designated urban growth areas. The governor’s veto means the bill will now only affect school districts in Pierce County. “It’s a shame the governor, despite his continued talk of […]
- Wyman gives treatment update: “The support really lifts my spirits and makes a difference.” April 26, 2017Secretary of State Kim Wyman says she is feeling upbeat and positive after two weeks of treatments for colon cancer. “I’m about one-third of the way through my treatments and I’m trying not to wear myself out,” Wyman said. “I really can’t thank everyone enough for their love, kind words and prayers these past few […]
- London Terror Suspect Was a Member of 2010 Gaza Flotilla April 28, 2017Khalid Omar Ali, a suspect from Thursday's planned knife attack near Prime Minister Theresa May's office, has been revealed to have been a member of a 2010 Gaza flotilla. The post London Terror Suspect Was a Member of 2010 Gaza Flotilla appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- President Trump Highlights Pro-Gun Accomplishments in Speech to Raucous NRA Crowd April 28, 2017President Donald Trump highlighted his gun rights record to a cheering crowd at the National Rifle Association's Annual Meeting on Friday. The post President Trump Highlights Pro-Gun Accomplishments in Speech to Raucous NRA Crowd appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- America Is Losing the Cyber Information War April 28, 2017The United States faced a growing threat of information warfare attacks and needs new strategies and organizations to counter it, national security experts told Congress this week. The post America Is Losing the Cyber Information War appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Reason #5 to Stop Subsidizing Transit:Social & Environmental Benefits Are Negligible April 28, 2017Public transit helps the poor, saves energy, and cleans the air, right? Not really. Transit is a subsidy to the wealthy as much as it is to the poor, and it really isn’t any greener than driving. Some low-income people ride transit, but the people most likely to use transit to get to work are […]
- Only the Government April 27, 2017Only the government would complain when the number of customers using one of its services grows. At least, that’s the case with an article about the increase in freight traffic as UPS, FedEx, and other shipping companies make more deliveries due to on-line sales. Supposedly, a “siege of delivery trucks is threatening to choke cities […]
- Reason #4 to Stop Subsidizing TransitCities Need Low Taxes More Than Transit April 26, 2017Transit advocates like to claim that transit is somehow crucial to urban vitality, even in cities where only a few people use it. The reality is that lower taxes play a bigger role in urban growth–and spending more on transit means higher taxes. Transit almost certainly is crucial to New York City, where 58 percent […]