Dateline Saturday, October 20, 2012 – Portland, Oregon: (language warning) While out canvassing with the Oregon TEA Party for a local conservative candidate, I run across a veteran who has had enough of President Obama. He’s got a stickered up truck that says it all. While I might not agree with the civility or tone of some of the stickers I certainly relate to the general sentiment. He indicates that nine times out of ten he is now eliciting a positive reaction from passersby. Is he afraid to drive around Portland like that? Heck No. He’s “insured by Smith and Wesson.” I Thank him for his service, and then he brings out the heavy artillery: a license plate that he puts on, “only on occasion.”
- Hospital Drug Program 340B Being Abused, Needs Oversight — When a government program to provide help to the needy turns out to be well-targeted, effective, and efficient, most Americans are eager to stand up and applaud. When such programs deteriorate over time because of abuse, neglect, and poor oversight, then it’s up to taxpayers to call for reform. We are at just such a [...]
- ANALYSIS: Oregon Tea Party Makes Presidential Endorsement — Oregon Tea Party Endorses Ted Cruz for President in 2016. The Oregon Tea Party PAC has made a foray into presidential politics in the all important 2016 election cycle. It’s an interesting endorsement in many ways. The process, the candidate, and the reasoning all signal a mature and deliberate analysis of the issues at hand, [...]
- Connecting The Dots: Oregon Democrats John Kitzhaber And Kate Brown Share Much In Common — As Democratic Oregon Governor John Kitzhaber’s announced resignation approaches – set for 10am on Wednesday, February 18 – it’s time to examine his successor. Democratic Secretary of State Kate Brown, by all appearances, is further to the Left politically than even Kitzhaber was. She also enjoys some of the same liberal billionaire connections that Kitzhaber [...]
- AUDIO: Interview On Saturday Night Cigar Lounge Re: Kitzhaber Scandal — Jeff Reynolds joined the Saturday Night Cigar Lounge radio program to discuss the Kitzhaber scandal and resignation of Oregon’s Democratic Governor. The discussion included cigars, cronyism, scandal, billionaires, dark money, and the resignation of John Kitzhaber. The interview starts at the 34 minute mark: [...]
- Double Barreled Federal Blasts: Feds To Investigate Kitzhaber ON TWO FRONTS — Congress AND the Feds Investigate Kitzhaber: Friday evening, hours after Democrat John Kitzhaber announced that he will resign effective February 18, the State of Oregon was hit with a double dose of federal problems. First, as Willamette Week reported, the US Department of Justice has issued broad subpoenas for records pertaining to the Governor and [...]
You must log in to post a comment.