[WITH VIDEO] Dateline March 3, 2013 – Eugene, Oregon: The Mayor of Eugene Oregon is calling for “the banning of all military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.” The Honorable Kitty Piercy made the demand at an outside rally of the anti-gun group “Cease Fire Oregon,” held today in the state’s second largest city. Cease Fire Oregon supports (and by some accounts actually wrote) House Bill 3200 which according to gun experts, effectively bans all modern firearms and allows for warrantless searches of your home. The Honorable Mayor calls for rally participants to support this and similar pending legislation. Perhaps attendance numbers are an indicator for support for her ideas. Watch the video to see how many showed. The speech is shown in its entirety over at the blog Daylight Disinfectant. Watch the video by clicking HERE.
- Connecting The Dots: Oregon Democrats John Kitzhaber And Kate Brown Share Much In Common — As Democratic Oregon Governor John Kitzhaber’s announced resignation approaches – set for 10am on Wednesday, February 18 – it’s time to examine his successor. Democratic Secretary of State Kate Brown, by all appearances, is further to the Left politically than even Kitzhaber was. She also enjoys some of the same liberal billionaire connections that Kitzhaber [...]
- AUDIO: Interview On Saturday Night Cigar Lounge Re: Kitzhaber Scandal — Jeff Reynolds joined the Saturday Night Cigar Lounge radio program to discuss the Kitzhaber scandal and resignation of Oregon’s Democratic Governor. The discussion included cigars, cronyism, scandal, billionaires, dark money, and the resignation of John Kitzhaber. The interview starts at the 34 minute mark: [...]
- Double Barreled Federal Blasts: Feds To Investigate Kitzhaber ON TWO FRONTS — Congress AND the Feds Investigate Kitzhaber: Friday evening, hours after Democrat John Kitzhaber announced that he will resign effective February 18, the State of Oregon was hit with a double dose of federal problems. First, as Willamette Week reported, the US Department of Justice has issued broad subpoenas for records pertaining to the Governor and [...]
- In Resignation Announcement, Kitzhaber Slams Former Democratic Allies — On Friday the 13th, Democratic Oregon Governor John Kitzhaber announced his resignation, effective Wednesday, Feb 18 at 10am. In his announcement, Kitzhaber slams members of his party for their lack of loyalty. In his statement, Kitzhaber blasts his former political allies: I must also say that it is deeply troubling to me to realize that [...]
- GOP Senate Minority Leader Ted Ferrioli Refuses To Attend Swearing In Ceremony Of New Governor — At a press conference today in advance of the expected announcement of Democratic Oregon Governor John Kitzhaber, State Senate Minority Leader Ted Ferrioli (R-John Day) had some pointed words along with some breaking news. According to the Oregonian, Ted Ferrioli says he has been invited to Kate Brown’s swearing in ceremony as Governor, but refused: [...]
You must log in to post a comment.