[With VIDEO] Dateline March 3, 2013 – Eugene Oregon: The 15-year leader of a prominent anti-gun group has no idea what’s in what might be the most visible, egregious anti-gun bill ever seen in the State. Betsy Steffensen, the Chair Person for Million Mom March appeared as a featured speaker before the Ceasefire Oregon Rally, held […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Sound Transit 3 Benefits Questioned May 4, 2016Sound Transit 3 envisions light rail as the agency’s primary transportation mode in the Puget Sound region by 2050. Some policy experts and business leaders opposed to the measure argue the return of investment isn’t worth it for the average Puget Sound resident who won’t use them. The post Sound Transit 3 Benefits Questioned appeared […]
- Dozens Escaped from Mental Hospital Since 2013 May 4, 2016A review of police reports and interviews by The Associated Press reveal 185 instances in which patients escaped or walked away over just the past 3 1/2 years or so. Some returned on their own within hours, but many disappeared for weeks or longer. Many were never found. The post Dozens Escaped from Mental Hospital […]
- ActiveGiver Launches New Cause-Based Platform, Aims to Level the Playing Field for Political Donations May 4, 2016At the Bellevue-based ActiveGiver website, users are able to explore a wide-range of issues and causes at the local, state and federal levels and, along the way, select the ones they want to be able to follow, share and donate to moving forward. The post ActiveGiver Launches New Cause-Based Platform, Aims to Level the Playing […]
- Today’s Top 3 International Stories: Syria, Libya & Uganda February 23, 20161) The U.S. and Russia have come to a decision on a ceasefire for Syria, which will include all warring parties except the two largest terrorist blocks, Al-Nursa and ISIS. Previous agreements to stop violence and provide aid have failed to stay in place. Sec. of State John Kerry said if the current deal fails […]
- Today’s (Late) Top 3 International Stories: Bahrain, Libya & Russia February 18, 20161) On Sunday, four American members of the press were arrested in Bahrain, while covering protests marking the anniversary of Bahrain’s 2011 Arab Spring uprising. Family members now report that on Tuesday, Bahrain released Anna Day and her camera crew after being interrogated. They have left Bahrain. The government claims the four participated in an […]
- Today Top 3+ International Stories: Egypt, Mexico, France Plus Syria February 12, 20161) In Egypt, thousands of doctors in Cairo turned out to protest after reports circulated that two doctors at a hospital in the capital had been beaten by police. It is not clear why the doctors were targeted, but it could be because they treated or sympathized with dissenters in opposition to former military leader […]
- Rob Reiner Blasts Trump Movement: ‘There Are a Lot of People Who Are Racist’ May 5, 2016The post Rob Reiner Blasts Trump Movement: ‘There Are a Lot of People Who Are Racist’ appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- NH Lawmaker: Asking Hassan Appointee to Investigate Hassan Hubby ‘Not Politically Realistic’ May 5, 2016A New Hampshire lawmaker says politics may have poisoned her request for a state investigation of Phillips Exeter Academy’s hush-up of sexual misconduct scandals. Republican State Rep. Katherine Prudhomme-O’Brien said that she considered it a long shot when she requested the state get involved in the boarding school’s response to allegations of sexual misconduct by […]
- Strickland Campaign Gets a Boost from Hollywood May 5, 2016The campaign for Ted Strickland, a Democrat running to unseat Sen. Rob Portman (R.) in Ohio, has received an influx of cash from Hollywood, including donations from actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus and singer Barbra Streisand. The post Strickland Campaign Gets a Boost from Hollywood appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- The Dishonorable Nevada Land-Grab Act May 5, 2016The federal government owns so much of Nevada–nearly 85 percent–that it has put a crimp in the state’s economy. The Antiplanner has designated it, along with Alaska, a remnant of the “Old Feudalism” in which the government or a few private parties own so much land that it is hard for individual residents to own […]
- Happy Birthday, Jane Jacobs May 4, 2016As noted in today’s Google doodle, today is Jane Jacob’s 100th birthday. No doubt many people will write positive things about her. However, as the Antiplanner has noted before, her book, The Death and Life of Great American Cities, is overrated. Jacobs made two points, one of them right, and one of them wrong. Her […]
- Antiplanner’s Library: Who Owns the World May 3, 2016While doing research for my map of the New Feudalism, I found this 2010 book by Irish journalist Kevin Cahill. Despite the shrill cover rhetoric, the book is basically a nation-by-nation (and, in the United States, state-by-state) inventory of land ownership patterns. There are a lot of question marks about some countries, but it helps […]