Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- To Tax Or To Cut? That Is The Question December 17, 2014Lawmakers anticipate a heated, high-stakes tug-of-war when the session begins next month. They will battle over what to cut, what to spare, and, perhaps on one voter-approved measure backed by national teachers’ unions, what to ignore. The post To Tax Or To Cut? That Is The Question appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- Polling Shows Some Public Support For Taxing Carbon Pollution December 17, 2014The Gallatin survey also found 51 percent of voters backed a California-style cap and trade system of carbon-pollution credits and more than 54 percent supported shipping coal and oil through the state on railways. The post Polling Shows Some Public Support For Taxing Carbon Pollution appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- Carbon Revenue For Schools, Roads Ups Ante In Looming Budget Fight December 17, 2014Holding his finger to the political winds, Gov. Jay Inslee, it seems, has determined Washington state voters have little appetite for an increase in the gas tax to fund transportation, and yet the state has billions of dollars in unfunded projects to ease traffic congestion, fix bridges, and a host of other needs. His solution, […] The post Carbon Revenue Fo
- THE WORLD CLASS HOUR on FTR RADIO – 12/16/14 – with @SamARosado December 17, 2014It’s with a heavy heart and after much consideration that I’m writing this. I’m stepping down as the Director/Producer/Putin Picture Purveyor of The World Class Hour. I’m not the same guy I was 2 or 3 years ago when we started this. I was single, underemployed and went to bed a hell of a lot […]
- 3 International Stories to Watch Today: Attacks in Pakistan, Syria & Yemen December 16, 20141) The Pakistan Taliban attacked a military-run school in Peshawar leaving 141 dead, most of them children, and an additional 120 people were wounded in the largest attack of its kind in Pakistan. 2) A car bomb attack in Yemen killed 25 people, the bomb hit a school bus at a (Shia) Houthi crossing point, […]
- 3 International Stories to Watch Today: Mexico, Denmark & Israel December 16, 20141) Several officers were injured during a clash with protesters in Mexico. The protesters were organizing a concert in support of the 43 missing students, lost more than 2 months ago. 2) Denmark has presented an official claim to the North Pole, challenging Russia and Canada. 3) Sec. of State John Kerry met with Israeli Prime Minister […]
- Chris Matthews: ‘We Were Rooting For Castro’ Before He Turned Red December 18, 2014
- Bloomberg: The Clinton ‘Nexus Of Money And Official Action’ To Be Investigated December 17, 2014
- Obama Seeks Détente with One of World’s Worst Human Rights Violators December 17, 2014President Barack Obama announced on Wednesday that the United States would reestablish diplomatic relations with Cuba, a country whose Communist government has been condemned for half a century’s worth of gross human rights violations.
- Time to Go on a Diet? December 17, 2014Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx wants you to go on a diet–a road diet. “A typical road diet takes a segment of four-lane undivided roadway and reconfigures it into three lanes with two through lanes and a center two-way left turn lane,” he says. The theory behind a road diet is simple. From now on, […]
- Amtrak’s Questionable Numbers December 16, 2014Last week, Portland’s city auditor discovered that the city had been overstating streetcar ridership by 19 percent. It turns out that the Portland Streetcar isn’t the only government-sponsored transportation enterprise that has problems with simple arithmetic. The January issue of Trains magazine reports that Amtrak has been overcounting its riders for years
- Liberals and Libertarians December 15, 2014Brutality on the part of overly militarized police forces. Too many people in prison due mainly to a war on victimless crimes. Routine torture. The national surveillance state. A president who believes he can remotely kill anyone he wants without trial or due process. Assett forfeiture. States and cities that routinely take away people’s property […]