[With VIDEO] Dateline March 3, 2013 – Eugene Oregon: The 15-year leader of a prominent anti-gun group has no idea what’s in what might be the most visible, egregious anti-gun bill ever seen in the State. Betsy Steffensen, the Chair Person for Million Mom March appeared as a featured speaker before the Ceasefire Oregon Rally, held […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Penalties for BNSF After 14 Hazardous Spills March 27, 2015The post Penalties for BNSF After 14 Hazardous Spills appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- House Dems: Raise $1.5 Billion with Taxes, But Drop Inslee Polluter Plan March 27, 2015House Democrats propose to raise $1.5 billion in new revenue over the next two years to pay for education and social service spending. A capital-gains tax is included in their budget plan — but not the governor’s proposed tax on big carbon polluters. The post House Dems: Raise $1.5 Billion with Taxes, But Drop Inslee […]
- WaBA: An Opportunity to Strengthen I-937 March 27, 2015I-937 has been a landmark success, boosting solar and wind electricity. It’s important we make any changes carefully. Senate Bill 5735 gives us a good start by including Carbon Reduction Investments, in transportation for example, which is our biggest carbon pollution source. The post WaBA: An Opportunity to Strengthen I-937 appeared first on Washington State […]
- Top 3 International Stories to Watch Today: Yemen, Iraq & Nigeria March 26, 20151) As Houthi rebels continued to gain ground in Yemen this week, Saudi Arabia has decided to step in. The Saudis began “Operation Decisive Storm,” with 150,000 soldiers and a series of air attacks to drive back the Houthis from their positions. Iran has condemned the attacks. The turmoil inside Yemen could lead to great […]
- Top International Stories to Watch Today: Denmark, Israel & Tunisia March 23, 20151) After Denmark announced plans to add radar capability to some of its warships and participate in NATO’s missile shield, Russia made specific threats to target Danish ships. The missile shield is not directed as Russia but at other nuclear threats like Iran. Russia says the move is damaging to Russian-Danish relations and says it will carry out […]
- Top International Stories to Watch Today: Syria, Pakistan & Germany March 18, 20151) The U.S. reiterated that they are looking for a solution in Syria that will not include Assad (after Sec. of State Kerry said the opposite earlier this week). Syria claims they have downed a U.S. drone (that the U.S. admits is missing) for spying in an area where there are no ISIS militants. […]
- Criminal Justice Reform Movement Gaining Momentum March 27, 2015Looking out over the lunch crowd packed into a Marriott hotel ballroom in Washington, D.C., on Thursday, David Simon, the creator of The Wire, must have felt a touch of the surreal.
- USDA Promotes Terrifying Body Exhibit to Fight Childhood Obesity March 27, 2015The U.S. Department of Agriculture is promoting a giant full-body exhibit for kids to walk through to promote healthy eating habits. While encouraging schools to apply for nearly $6 million in grants to help them comply with the First Lady Michelle Obama-promoted Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act new lunch standards, the USDA highlighted efforts by the […]
- New York Times Ed Board Member Questions Whether GOP More Loyal to Israel than United States March 27, 2015A member of the New York Times editorial board suggested that pro-Israel Republicans were more loyal to Israel than to the United States on Friday.
- Federal Transit Inequities, Part 2 March 27, 2015A few weeks ago, the Antiplanner presented data showing that the distribution of federal transit dollars to urban areas was highly uneven, ranging from 26 cents per transit rider to $2.17 per transit rider. The main factor that appeared to make a difference was whether the urban area was building expensive new rail transit lines. […]
- Self-Driving from San Francisco to New York March 26, 2015A self-driving car traveling from San Francisco to New York is about half-way through its journey, having reached Ft. Worth, Texas yesterday. The car is an Audi, but its self-driving electronics have been designed by Delphi, an auto supply company. Like Continental and Bosch, Delphi has been developing its own self-driving hardware and software. This […]
- Withholding Funds to Improve Transit March 25, 2015The Washington Metro rail system is falling apart. Should local governments (which are responsible for most operations and maintenance costs) “key their payments to a certain number of problem-free rush hours, say 10 or so to start, before the payment is made?” a Washington Post reader asks Dr. Gridlock. “Maybe then they would be forced […]