[WITH VIDEO] Dateline March 3, 2013 – Eugene, Oregon: The Mayor of Eugene Oregon is calling for “the banning of all military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.” The Honorable Kitty Piercy made the demand at an outside rally of the anti-gun group “Cease Fire Oregon,” held today in the state’s second largest city. Cease Fire Oregon […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Weekend buzzkill: gas tax and licensing fee increases take effect this Friday June 29, 2016This holiday weekend, commemorate your independence by paying more in taxes. On Friday, July 1st, your gas tax and car licensing fees are going up. The post Weekend buzzkill: gas tax and licensing fee increases take effect this Friday appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- Washington’s Mass Timber Opportunity May 26, 2016The post Washington’s Mass Timber Opportunity appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- Regional Councils Prepare Workforce Plans for 2016-2020 May 25, 2016The post Regional Councils Prepare Workforce Plans for 2016-2020 appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- Today’s Top 3 International Stories: Syria, Libya & Uganda February 23, 20161) The U.S. and Russia have come to a decision on a ceasefire for Syria, which will include all warring parties except the two largest terrorist blocks, Al-Nursa and ISIS. Previous agreements to stop violence and provide aid have failed to stay in place. Sec. of State John Kerry said if the current deal fails […]
- Today’s (Late) Top 3 International Stories: Bahrain, Libya & Russia February 18, 20161) On Sunday, four American members of the press were arrested in Bahrain, while covering protests marking the anniversary of Bahrain’s 2011 Arab Spring uprising. Family members now report that on Tuesday, Bahrain released Anna Day and her camera crew after being interrogated. They have left Bahrain. The government claims the four participated in an […]
- Today Top 3+ International Stories: Egypt, Mexico, France Plus Syria February 12, 20161) In Egypt, thousands of doctors in Cairo turned out to protest after reports circulated that two doctors at a hospital in the capital had been beaten by police. It is not clear why the doctors were targeted, but it could be because they treated or sympathized with dissenters in opposition to former military leader […]
- California Man Convicted After Trying to Join ISIS September 27, 2016A California man was sentenced to 30 years in prison on Monday after he committed bank fraud to pay for a plane ticket to Syria in an attempt to join the Islamic State, according to federal prosecutors. The post California Man Convicted After Trying to Join ISIS appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Wang Wants Dick September 27, 2016Chinese billionaire Wang Jianlin is in talks to purchase Dick Clark Productions for a price of around $1 billion, according to press reports. The post Wang Wants Dick appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Clinton Faces No Tough Questions in First Press Gaggle Since Debate September 27, 2016The post Clinton Faces No Tough Questions in First Press Gaggle Since Debate appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- If You Don’t Like Growth Boundaries, Move September 27, 2016Palo Alto may be the most expensive housing market in America. The American Community Survey says the home of Stanford is the only city whose median home price was more than $2 million in 2014; the survey numbers don’t go higher than $2 million so we don’t know how much more. Caldwell Banker’s 2015 report […]
- His Share of the Take September 26, 2016The CEO of Valley Metro, Steve Banta, “went golfing on workdays, took 50 days off that did not count as vacation time, flew first class and failed to provide documentation for his expense reports,” says the Arizona Republic. Banta and his wife spent $26,000 of taxpayer money flying 56 times between Portland and Phoenix for “relocation-related […]
- HDR Seeks TIF Subsidies September 23, 2016HDR, an engineering consulting firm that has been behind many of the nation’s streetcar plans, wants to build a new headquarters in Omaha. The firm is very familiar with tax-increment financing (TIF), since TIF played a role in funding many streetcar projects and developments around those projects. So, naturally, it asked the city of Omaha […]