[WITH VIDEO] Dateline March 3, 2013 – Eugene, Oregon: The Mayor of Eugene Oregon is calling for “the banning of all military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.” The Honorable Kitty Piercy made the demand at an outside rally of the anti-gun group “Cease Fire Oregon,” held today in the state’s second largest city. Cease Fire Oregon […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Regional Councils Prepare Workforce Plans for 2016-2020 May 25, 2016The post Regional Councils Prepare Workforce Plans for 2016-2020 appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- Finally A Primary. Why Vote? May 24, 2016Primary election Day, Sort of It’s a great day for Washington citizens. They get to have a primary. A presidential primary. It’s not Iowa, or New Hampshire or New York, but not just because it’s late in the spring. Don’t look for CNN or Fox News satellite dish feeds popping up at the Secretary of […]
- Lobbyists: Clif Finch, Dan Coyne, Brad Tower, Now Randy Ray May 23, 2016The outside world has their opinions about lobbyists. Only we know the truth. We see the truth manifested when the chips are down. We pulled tight and close to the Tower family this spring. We support and encourage Dan Coyne and his family as they recover. But the latest incidents this last week cause question […]
- Today’s Top 3 International Stories: Syria, Libya & Uganda February 23, 20161) The U.S. and Russia have come to a decision on a ceasefire for Syria, which will include all warring parties except the two largest terrorist blocks, Al-Nursa and ISIS. Previous agreements to stop violence and provide aid have failed to stay in place. Sec. of State John Kerry said if the current deal fails […]
- Today’s (Late) Top 3 International Stories: Bahrain, Libya & Russia February 18, 20161) On Sunday, four American members of the press were arrested in Bahrain, while covering protests marking the anniversary of Bahrain’s 2011 Arab Spring uprising. Family members now report that on Tuesday, Bahrain released Anna Day and her camera crew after being interrogated. They have left Bahrain. The government claims the four participated in an […]
- Today Top 3+ International Stories: Egypt, Mexico, France Plus Syria February 12, 20161) In Egypt, thousands of doctors in Cairo turned out to protest after reports circulated that two doctors at a hospital in the capital had been beaten by police. It is not clear why the doctors were targeted, but it could be because they treated or sympathized with dissenters in opposition to former military leader […]
- ABC: After 452 Days, We’re Still Learning More About Clinton Email Scandal May 26, 2016The post ABC: After 452 Days, We’re Still Learning More About Clinton Email Scandal appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- McAuliffe to Skip Strickland Fundraiser Amid Federal Probe Into Campaign Funds May 26, 2016Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D) will no longer appear at a planned fundraiser for Ted Strickland, the Democrat running to unseat Sen. Rob Portman (R., Ohio), next week. The post McAuliffe to Skip Strickland Fundraiser Amid Federal Probe Into Campaign Funds appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- I Found the Ideal Third-Party Candidate May 26, 2016Andrew D. Basiago is a lawyer based in Vancouver, Washington, running as an independent candidate for president. Records of his legal career are difficult to locate, but one gets the sense that, whatever the specifics, such work is the least impressive thing on his résumé. The post I Found the Ideal Third-Party Candidate appeared first […]
- A Questionable Change in Data May 26, 2016According to page 57 the European Union publication, Panorama of Transport, 43 percent of American freight is shipped by rail and 30 percent goes by truck. This makes the American rail freight system the envy of the world, as just 10 percent of European freight goes by rail, with 46 percent going by truck, and […]
- Back in the Air Again May 25, 2016The Antiplanner will be in Littleton, Colorado tonight talking about housing issues. The event is open to the public and starts at 7 pm at the South Fellowship Church, 6560 South Broadway. If you are in the Denver area, I hope to see you there. In the meantime, interesting news from Sacramento: the regional transit […]
- The Monster That Devoured Denver May 24, 2016The train that saved Denver? Give me a break! Politico‘s Colin Woodard claims that the effects of new rail transit lines on Denver “have been measurable and surprising.” In fact, his article is all hype with hardly a touch of reality. Let’s start with same basic “measurable” numbers. In 1990, before Denver built its first […]