[WITH VIDEO] Dateline March 3, 2013 – Eugene, Oregon: The Mayor of Eugene Oregon is calling for “the banning of all military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.” The Honorable Kitty Piercy made the demand at an outside rally of the anti-gun group “Cease Fire Oregon,” held today in the state’s second largest city. Cease Fire Oregon […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Washington State Wire Vacation Time August 12, 2015The Washington State Wire will be taking a vacation until the first week in September. Join us then for more original reporting and links to other top articles. The post Washington State Wire Vacation Time appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- Vying for Governor, Bill Bryant Seeks to Expand His Brand August 11, 2015As a Port of Seattle commissioner, Bryant is well known in Westside business and industrial circles, and better known in Eastern Washington’s agricultural world. It’s everyone else that needs an introduction, he says, if he’s to convince them he’s their choice in the 2016 gubernatorial election. The post Vying for Governor, Bill Bryant Seeks to […]
- Washington State Can Lead on Global Warming and Clean Energy August 11, 2015Washingtonians demand urgent action on climate. If our elected leaders won’t lead us forward, then the people will. The Alliance for Jobs and Clean Energy is Washington state’s coalition of individuals, organizations and businesses dedicated to reducing global-warming pollution and strengthening our economy. The post Washington State Can Lead on Global Warming and Clean Energy […]
- Today’s Top 3 International Headlines: Syria, Lebanon & North Korea August 25, 20151) In the past 10 days, the Syrian military has killed 247 people in the Damascus area. At least 50 of these deaths were children. Most of the airstrikes were concentrated in rebel-held Douma. The Civil Defense, a rescue operation, has declared the city a disaster area. 2) Lebanon’s government held an emergency cabinet […]
- Today’s Top 3 International Headlines: Lebanon, Syria & Belarus August 24, 20151) Protests in Lebanon over the country’s failure to collect garbage turned violent on the second day. The problem with trash in Lebanon is a symptom of deeper political problems in the country that have angered citizens: including corruption, sectarian gridlock and issues with Syrian refugees. Sunday night, the army and riot police used waters cannons, […]
- Today’s Top 3 International Stories: Macedonia, Israel & Pakistan August 21, 20151) Thousands of refugees camped on the border Greece, hoping to pass through Macedonia. Police claimed the border was closed and when the migrants attempted to rush across Macedonia called for a state of emergency. Riot police moved into the area using batons, stun guns and tear gas on the refugees. The UN expressed concern over […]
- Obama Renames Mt. McKinley for Native Word that Means ‘the High One’ August 31, 2015President Obama granted approval for Mount McKinley in Alaska to be renamed with the Athabaskan word Denali, which means “the high one.”
- Poll: Voters Oppose Iran Deal by 2-to-1 Margin August 31, 2015A majority of voters oppose the Iran Deal and said they think that it would make the world a less safe place, according to a Quinnipiac University National poll conducted last week.
- WFB’s Liz Harrington on Republican Shuffle in Poll Rankings August 31, 2015