You hear a lot about gun control laws lately but it’s really about people control. But these bills that are introduced or, like in New York, passed into law, all depend on people actually enforcing these unconstitutional laws. In the case of gun control laws, especially search and seizure, it comes down to the military […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Washington state House Democrats ask Congress to find a solution to keep DACA recipients here September 22, 2017This week, all 50 members of the Washington state House Democratic Caucus sent a letter to Speaker Ryan and Majority Leader McConnell requesting that Congress take action in response to President Trump’s decision to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. Washington state is home for nearly 18,000 young people who are able to […]
- Morning Wire: Reichert for Gov?, Seattle Seahawks, Rep. Joe Schmick September 20, 2017The purpose of the Washington State Wire is to provide smart, strategic content with thoughtful brevity. We create original content, and we lean on the good work of others. We see our role as helping you look ahead just a little bit, to better know where the policy, political, and economic landscape is heading. Your […]
- Public policy, the will of the voters, and the Seattle Seahawks September 19, 2017“Across all demographics, the 12s are contagious. It’s for everybody.” In this quote, King County Council member Jeanne Kohl-Welles was reflecting on the role of the Seattle Seahawks as a unifying force for the Seattle community. It may be hard to remember for some, particularly the new fans that winning has recruited over the last […]
- De Blasio Disappointed By Clinton in 2016: She Should Have ‘Taken a Stronger Stance’ September 25, 2017New York City mayor Bill de Blasio criticized Hillary Clinton in an interview after her 2016 presidential loss, saying she "could have generated more support if she had taken a stronger stance." The post De Blasio Disappointed By Clinton in 2016: She Should Have ‘Taken a Stronger Stance’ appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- George Clooney: Clinton Lost Because She Didn’t ‘Elevate Her Game’ September 25, 2017Award winning actor and filmmaker George Clooney said in a recent interview he never saw Hillary Clinton "elevate her game" during the 2016 presidential campaign, arguing that helped lead to her election defeat. The post George Clooney: Clinton Lost Because She Didn’t ‘Elevate Her Game’ appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Trump Slaps Travel Restrictions on North Korea, Venezuela in Sweeping New Ban September 25, 2017WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump on Sunday slapped new travel restrictions on citizens from North Korea, Venezuela and Chad, expanding to eight the list of countries covered by his original travel bans that have been derided by critics and challenged in court. The post Trump Slaps Travel Restrictions on North Korea, Venezuela in Sweeping […]
- Black Population Trends September 25, 2017Between 2015 and 2016, the total population of the San Francisco-Oakland urban area grew by 13,773 people, but the black population shrank by 5,839, suggesting that Bay Area land-use policies continue to push low-income people out of the region by making housing unaffordable. The Austin urban area, to its shame, saw a decline of 4,439 […]
- More 2016 Commuting Data September 22, 2017People who earn more than $75,000 a year are more likely to ride transit than people in any other income bracket. Most of those high-income transit riders live not in big cities like New York or Chicago but in suburbs of those cities. That information is from table B08119 from the 2016 American Community Survey. […]
- Housing Affordability in 2015 September 22, 2017Today the Antiplanner continues reviewing 2016 American Community Survey data by looking at housing affordability, a common measure of which is median house prices divided by median family incomes, or value-to-income ratio. Median family incomes are in ACS table B19113, while median home prices are in table B25077. To save you time, I’ve downloaded these […]