When CIA operatives on the ground in Benghazi asked for help, their requests were not only denied, but they were told to “stand down” and leave Ambassador Stevens and his staff to the mercy of the terrorists! Two former SEALS died trying to save their fellow Americans while their superiors refused repeatedly to send help.
This is as good as murder on the part of the Obama administration.
Fox News has learned from sources who were on the ground in Benghazi that an urgent request from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. consulate and subsequent attack several hours later on the annex itself was denied by the CIA chain of command — who also told the CIA operators twice to “stand down” rather than help the ambassador’s team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11.
Former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods was part of a small team who was at the CIA annex about a mile from the U.S. consulate where Ambassador Chris Stevens and his team came under attack. When he and others heard the shots fired, they informed their higher-ups at the annex to tell them what they were hearing and requested permission to go to the consulate and help out. They were told to “stand down,” according to sources familiar with the exchange. Soon after, they were again told to “stand down.”
Woods and at least two others ignored those orders and made their way to the consulate which at that point was on fire. Shots were exchanged. The rescue team from the CIA annex evacuated those who remained at the consulate and Sean Smith, who had been killed in the initial attack. They could not find the ambassador and returned to the CIA annex at about midnight.
At that point, they called again for military support and help because they were taking fire at the CIA safe house, or annex. The request was denied. There were no communications problems at the annex, according those present at the compound. The team was in constant radio contact with their headquarters. In fact, at least one member of the team was on the roof of the annex manning a heavy machine gun when mortars were fired at the CIA compound. The security officer had a laser on the target that was firing and repeatedly requested back-up support from a Spectre gunship, which is commonly used by U.S. Special Operations forces to provide support to Special Operations teams on the ground involved in intense firefights.
This is proof that Defense Secretary Leon Panetta was lying when he claimed that reinforcements were not sent in because there was ‘no real-time intel’ letting them know what was going on. There’s not a single Obama administration official that has told the truth about this from the start.
When twice asked directly by a reporter whether or not the White House denied requests for help during the attack, Obama refused to answer the question:
When Clark pressed Obama a second time, the President again punted, answering, “we are finding out exactly what happened.”
Obama protested, “the minute I found out what was happening, I gave three very clear directives,” the first of which was to “make sure that we are securing our personnel and doing whatever we need to.”
But a former top Defense official explains that if Obama gave such an order to secure the Benghazi compound, there would be a paper trail to prove it. Not only that, but it would mean that someone down the chain of command was going against the orders of the president by refusing to send reinforcements and instructing the CIA operatives to “stand down” (H/T Gateway Pundit):
In light of these recent revelations, the father of slain former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods says the White House is guilty of murder:
Despite three separate orders to “stand down” during the attack, Woods’ son went to the consulate to try and save the U.S. ambassador.
“This news that he disobeyed his orders does not surprise me,” Woods said. “My son was an American hero. And he was going — he had the moral strength to do what was right even if that would professionally cost him his job, even if it could potentially cost him his life. He was a hero who was willing to do whatever was necessary to respond to their cries for help.”
“If in fact those people in the White House were as courageous and had the moral strength that my son Ty had, immediately within minutes of the first attack they would have given permission — not denied permission — for those C-130s to have gone up there.”
“I don’t know much about weapons,” he continued. “But it’s coming out right now that they actually had laser targets focused on the mortars that were being sent to kill my son and they refused to pull the trigger. They refused to send those C-130s. To me — I’m an attorney. This may not meet the legal test of murder, but to me that is not only cowardice, but those people who made the decision, and who knew about the decision and lied about it are murderers of my son.”
[...] “As a father whose son was killed, I do not appreciate lies. I do not appreciate cowardice, and I do not appreciate lies. I’m a loving person … but I am very glad the facts are coming out right now. I do not — the reason I’m even speaking out — our family have made the decision not to say anything. But after the facts came out that in real time the White House, from the minute after the first bullet was fired, they watched my son. They denied his pleas for help. My son violated his orders in order to protect the lives of at least 30 people. He risked his life to be a hero.”
“I wish that the leadership in the White House had that same level of moral courage and heroism that my son displayed with his life.”
Obama is also claiming that he wasn’t “personally aware” of any requests for more security prior to the attack. But now it appears that Hillary Clinton had been asking for beefed up security in Benghazi, which Obama denied:
The buck doesn’t stop with Hillary Clinton.
Last night, it was revealed that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had ordered more security at the U.S. mission in Benghazi before it was attacked where four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens were murdered by Al-Qaeda but President Obama denied the request.
Klein also said that those same sources said that former President Bill Clinton has been “urging” his wife [Hillary] to release official State Department documents that prove she called for additional security at the compound in Libya, which would almost certainly result in President Obama losing the election.
Cross posted at ThoughtsFromAConservativeMom.com
- AC-130U Gunship was On-Scene in Benghazi, Obama Admin Refused to Let It Fire (Updated)
- BUSTED… Former Top Defense Official: If Obama Gave Order to Protect Benghazi Heroes There’d Be Paper Trail (There Was No Order)
- Obama Refuses to Answer ‘Repeated Questions on Whether Requests for Help in Benghazi Were Denied’
- Lawmakers press administration for Libya answers after email release
- Father Of Former Navy SEAL Slain In Benghazi Wants To Know Why Administration Watched Attack Live And Did Nothing
- White House Watched Attack Live As Americans Died, Refused To Send Help
- Bombshell: Obama Admin. Pulled Security Team From Libya in August, Denied Repeated Requests To Heighten Security Despite Multiplying Threats
- BOMBSHELL: Obama Admin. Was Likely Running Arms To Islamic Jihadists Through Benghazi