The Multnomah County elections director, Tim Scott, wasted no time on the Portland mayoral candidate Charlie Hales scam: in what has itself to be a candidate for the fastest “investigation” in County history, he concluded: “Based on Mr. Hales’ answer that he considered himself to be temporarily away from Oregon and that the Washington Secretary of […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Lobbyists Give 2015 Session Highest Grade in 4 Years; Voters Somewhat Less Generous But Prefer Divided Government July 28, 2015The lobbyists’ average grade for the session on the 0-4 scale was 1.73, the highest marks since 2011. Voters were less generous graders. They gave the legislature a “D+” this year, the same grade they gave to the last regular session (2013), although the grade point average was higher this year: 1.49 vs. 1.34. But […]
- Washington Counties Struggle with Criminal-Justice Costs July 27, 2015Paying for the costs of prosecuting a big criminal case can drain the budget of a small county, and records show the state has little to offer in the way of help. The cost of prosecuting Christopher Monfort — who was convicted of killing Seattle police Officer Tim Brenton, firebombing police vehicles and trying to […]
- Health Law Experiment Failed To Show Savings July 27, 2015A $57 million experiment to deliver better, more efficient care at federally funded health centers struggled to meet its goals and is unlikely to save money, says a new government report. Admissions and emergency-room care rose in medical homes and clinics that were part of the experiment compared with results in those that weren’t. So […]
- Today’s Top 3 International Stories: Turkey, Somalia & Belarus July 27, 20151) Turkey has requested an emergency meeting with NATO concerning ISIS and its border with Syria. Officials from member countries will meet on Tuesday, July 28, to discuss the situation. Reports currently say that Turkey has not made any call for any military help. The meeting falls under an Article 4 consultation in the Alliance’s […]
- Today’s Top International Stories: Nigeria, Iran & South Sudan July 23, 20151) Boko Haram attacks continue to happen across Africa with more than 50 dead in Nigeria and at least 13 killed in Cameroon by a suicide bomber. This week the U.S. has pledged additional military aid to help Nigeria tackle the militant group. The increase happened after President Muhammadu Buhari called out the American government for […]
- Today’s Top 3 International Stories: Syria, Burundi & Iran July 21, 20151) Three Spanish journalists went missing in Syria and are presumed to be kidnapped. Antonio Pampliega, Jose Manuel Lopez and Angel Sastre have not been heard from since they entered Syria via Turkey on July 10th. The journalists were supposed to be in Aleppo but are now feared to be captured by ISIS, who kidnapped journalists […]
- Halperin and Heilemann Not Impressed with Hillary Clinton’s Stance on Keystone Pipeline July 28, 2015
- Dem Senator Fundraises Off of Planned Parenthood Videos: ‘This Makes My Head Explode’ July 27, 2015Democratic Sen. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (N.Y.) is fundraising off of the Planned Parenthood controversy, condemning Republicans lawmakers for pushing to defund the federally funded organization after video surfaced of officials touting the sale of aborted baby body parts.
- Feds Gave Low-Income Housing to Millionaires July 27, 2015The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) gave low-income housing to millionaires, according to a recent audit.