Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Inslee Unveils Cap-and-Trade Program, Message to Lawmakers: Make Polluters Pay December 18, 2014Gov. Jay Inslee released his long-anticipated carbon-emissions reduction program Wednesday, and it offered no surprise: a cap-and-trade program that would bring in $1 billion annually for schools and transportation projects, as well as tax credits for low-income families. In a news conference held at the flagship REI store in downtown Seattle Wednesday morni
- MMJ “A Lot Less Illegal”, Congresssional Spending Bill Opens Flood Gates December 18, 2014The post MMJ “A Lot Less Illegal”, Congresssional Spending Bill Opens Flood Gates appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- To Tax Or To Cut? That Is The Question December 17, 2014Lawmakers anticipate a heated, high-stakes tug-of-war when the session begins next month. They will battle over what to cut, what to spare, and, perhaps on one voter-approved measure backed by national teachers’ unions, what to ignore. The post To Tax Or To Cut? That Is The Question appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- THE WORLD CLASS HOUR on FTR RADIO – 12/16/14 – with @SamARosado December 17, 2014It’s with a heavy heart and after much consideration that I’m writing this. I’m stepping down as the Director/Producer/Putin Picture Purveyor of The World Class Hour. I’m not the same guy I was 2 or 3 years ago when we started this. I was single, underemployed and went to bed a hell of a lot […]
- 3 International Stories to Watch Today: Attacks in Pakistan, Syria & Yemen December 16, 20141) The Pakistan Taliban attacked a military-run school in Peshawar leaving 141 dead, most of them children, and an additional 120 people were wounded in the largest attack of its kind in Pakistan. 2) A car bomb attack in Yemen killed 25 people, the bomb hit a school bus at a (Shia) Houthi crossing point, […]
- 3 International Stories to Watch Today: Mexico, Denmark & Israel December 16, 20141) Several officers were injured during a clash with protesters in Mexico. The protesters were organizing a concert in support of the 43 missing students, lost more than 2 months ago. 2) Denmark has presented an official claim to the North Pole, challenging Russia and Canada. 3) Sec. of State John Kerry met with Israeli Prime Minister […]
- DIA: North Korea Planned Attacks on US Nuclear Plants December 18, 2014North Korea dispatched covert commando teams to the United States in the 1990s to attack nuclear power plants and major cities in a conflict, according to a declassified Defense Intelligence Agency report. The DIA report, dated Sept. 13, 2004, reveals that five units of covert commandos were trained for the attacks inside the country. According to the report
- Hillary Loves Castro December 18, 2014Hillary Clinton was the main architect of the deal reached with Cuba and her advocacy towards opening a new relationship with the Castro regime began almost immediately when she became secretary of state, according to a report from Bloomberg's Josh Rogin.
- Paramount Bans ‘Team America’ Screenings December 18, 2014In response to Sony's refusal to release The Interview over threats of violence from hackers believed to be angry over the comedy's plot involving the assassination of North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un several theaters said they would screen Team America: World Police instead. However, Paramount won't allow their North Korean dictator assassin
- More Expensive Than It Should Be December 19, 2014The Economist reports that housing in China is “cheaper than you think.” The magazine-that-calls-itself-a-newspaper’s measure of affordability is the average price of a 100-square-meter (1,076-square-foot) home divided by average household income. Older mid-rise homes in Shanghai are torn down and replaced with high rises. Flickr photo by Paolo Vasta. In meg
- Buying a Self-Driving Car December 18, 2014BMW has announced that it will demonstrate a valet-parking car at the 2015 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas next month. This is more than a car that can parallel park by itself. Instead, it is a car that can cruise through a parking garage until it finds an empty space and park there until […]
- Time to Go on a Diet? December 17, 2014Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx wants you to go on a diet–a road diet. “A typical road diet takes a segment of four-lane undivided roadway and reconfigures it into three lanes with two through lanes and a center two-way left turn lane,” he says. The theory behind a road diet is simple. From now on, […]