Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- US Troops to Stay in Afghanistan under New President September 29, 2014
- Hong Kong Protesters Fear Martial Law Is Coming September 29, 2014
- Encana goes big in Texas with $5.9 billion Athlon acquisition September 29, 2014
- Top 3 International Stories I’m Watching Today September 29, 20141) Protesters in Hong Kong came out in support of greater democracy this weekend. Yesterday, there were riot police and tear gas, but today China has withdrawn the police calling the protests “calmer”. 2) Catalonia has granted their President the power to hold a referendum for independence from Spain. While they have tried to schedule […]
- Back to the Weekly Round-up September 25, 2014I took a week off but I’m back with another weekly post from IJReview. This week covered elections in Fiji and Sweden, the situation with ISIS and the Scottish referendum. Be sure to check it out.
- Top 3 International Stories I’m Watching Today September 24, 20141) NATO is now saying they have seen some pullback of Russian troops from Ukraine. 2) America started bombing ISIS Syria over the weekend. Iran’s government openly criticized the move, despite the U.S. warning both Iran and Syria about their plans. 3) The South Sudan hunger crisis has eased some. Earlier in the year, groups […]
- Kelly: Administration Ignoring Oklahoma Beheader As A ‘Homegrown Radical’ September 30, 2014
- University of Chicago Suspends Chinese Government-Backed Institute September 29, 2014A prominent U.S. university has decided to suspend its relationship with a Chinese government-backed program that critics say is used by China to spread its propaganda abroad, as Beijing receives heightened scrutiny in the West over its response to mass protests in Hong Kong.
- Internet Hero Throws Potato Salad Party September 29, 2014A Columbus, Ohio man raised an incredible fifty five thousand dollars to make potato salad. The original goal set for the project was $10 but after the joke crowd-funding campaign went viral the money poured in. The man, Zack Brown, decided to take the money and throw a giant potato salad themed party, according to the Associated Press.
- Still on the Road September 29, 2014Tonight, the Antiplanner will be in Rochester, Minnesota to address a proposed high-speed train between Rochester and Minneapolis. I’ll speak at the Rochester International Event Center, 7333 Airport Drive SW, at 7 pm. The Minnesota Department of Transportation is going through the process of preparing an environmental impact statement for the “zip train.” I
- Debate with Myron Orfield September 25, 2014The Antiplanner squared off against regionalist Myron Orfield in Minneapolis yesterday over the question of whether governments should try to regulate land uses. My presentation (11.6-MB PowerPoint or 10.5-MB PDF version) argued that urban areas are too complicated to regulate and that attempts to do so end up doing more harm than good. Dr. Orfield […]
- Indiana Tollroad Operators File for Bankruptcy September 24, 2014The consortium that paid $3.8 billion to lease the Indiana Tollroad filed for bankruptcy yesterday. The operators–a Spanish company named Cintra and an Australian company named Macquarie–said that revenues were up and costs down, but it wasn’t enough for them to keep up on their mortgage payments. According to toll-advocate Robert Poole, the problem was […]