Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- The UN Security Council Elections: Perpetuating Cognitive Dissonance August 21, 2014When it comes to the United Nations Security, the only power that matters is the power of veto. And the veto card usually belongs to Russia and China, who tend to pick divisive positions—mostly for the media attention. But 10 other countries also sit on the Security Council. These countries get to debate and vote […]
- Top 3 International Stories I’m Watching Today August 21, 20141) The security situation in Liberia due to Ebola is getting worse. Protests have started in reaction to quarantines and government policies on the virus. Protesters in the capital were tear gassed and police began firing live rounds into crowds this morning. In related news, the 2 Americans who contracted Ebola and were brought to the US […]
- The World Class Hour on FTR Radio – 8/19/14 – with @JimFossel August 20, 2014Guest: Jim Fossel (@JimFossel) Intro Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kspPE9E1yGM 1. Gaza http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYIIpqvNNV4 **New ground invasion due to Palestine breaking ceasefire again Start-and-stop negotiations between Israel and Palestine continued this past week. Two short term ceasefires kept the death toll down. The countries cannot s
- Union Shops Need Not Apply at LiUNA August 22, 2014The Laborers union did not place much of a priority on hiring union workers for a massive renovation on its Washington, D.C., headquarters.
- European Victims of Communism, Fascism to Be Honored on Black Ribbon Day August 22, 2014The Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation will honor the millions of Europeans who suffered and died under the Nazi and Soviet Union regimes on Saturday, in remembrance of Black Ribbon Day.
- Report Details Hamas’ Responsibility for Destruction of Gaza Strip August 22, 2014A declassified intelligence report released by the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) this week showed Hamas terrorists have been firing rockets at Israel from heavily populated civilian areas, including churches, United Nations facilities, Red Cross stations, hospitals, schools, children’s playgrounds, and a number of other areas.
- Transit’s Ticking Time Bomb August 22, 2014America’s largest transit agencies have obligated taxpayers to cover billions of dollars in pension and health care costs over the next thirty years. To see just how serious this problem is, the Antiplanner examined the consolidated financial statements for about two dozen of the nation’s largest transit agencies. The results vary widely from agency to […]
- What Ferguson Means for Urban Planning August 21, 2014The sad events in Ferguson, Missouri are being used by urban planning advocates to popularize their latest cause: suburban poverty. Ferguson is “emblematic of growing suburban poverty,” says the Brookings Institution. “Hit by poverty,” says CBS News, “Ferguson reflects the new suburbs.” According to a Brookings info graphic, between 2000 and 2011 the numbers
- New York Times 0, Forbes 0.5 August 20, 2014The New York Times had an article recently arguing that the $11 billion Congress has spent on high-speed rail grants since 2009 has produced little visible results, mainly because most of it was spent on increasing the speeds of existing trains by two or three miles per hour rather than building new, true high-speed rail […]