Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- The World Class Hour on FTR Radio – 8/19/14 – with @JimFossel August 20, 2014Guest: Jim Fossel (@JimFossel) Intro Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kspPE9E1yGM 1. Gaza http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYIIpqvNNV4 **New ground invasion due to Palestine breaking ceasefire again Start-and-stop negotiations between Israel and Palestine continued this past week. Two short term ceasefires kept the death toll down. The countries cannot s
- Top 3 International Stories I’m Watching Today August 20, 20141) Islamic State militants claim to have killed U.S. journalistJames Foley. The terrorists released a video of the beheading, though U.S. authorities have not yet confirmed the death. Foley was kidnapped in Syria in 2012 while covering the atrocities there. His family deserves the greatest sympathy. 2) Afghanistan has sent security forces to battle over 700
- 5 Minute International Update August 19, 2014Okay so it’s 7 minutes. A lot happened this week! See sources for every story below. Sunday August 17 2014 Protesters in Liberia attacked a quarantine center for ebola today. Thousands of protesters from two anti-government movements protested in Pakistan’s capital on Friday. Opposition leader Imran Khan claimed his car was shot at and attacked […]
- Obama Golfing Buddy Personifies Ex-Im Bank’s Problems August 21, 2014As economists and policy wonks debate the merits of U.S. export financing, critics of one controversial program are warning of more subtle consequences exemplified, they say, by one of the president’s golfing buddies.
- U.S. Forces Tried But Failed to Rescue U.S. Hostages in Syria August 21, 2014WASHINGTON/EDGARTOWN Mass. (Reuters) - U.S. forces attempted to rescue journalist James Foley and other American hostages during a secret mission into Syria and exchanged gunfire with Islamic State militants only to discover the captives were not there, officials said on Wednesday.
- Gen. Jack Keane Blasts Obama Admin Over Release of Information About Failed Hostage Rescue in Syria August 21, 2014
- New York Times 0, Forbes 0.5 August 20, 2014The New York Times had an article recently arguing that the $11 billion Congress has spent on high-speed rail grants since 2009 has produced little visible results, mainly because most of it was spent on increasing the speeds of existing trains by two or three miles per hour rather than building new, true high-speed rail […]
- Britain’s Shrinking Houses August 19, 2014Ever since the British parliament passed the Town & Country Planning Act in 1947, housing in that nation has gotten less and less affordable. As a result, the average size of new homes today is only 925 square feet, down 44 percent from the average size in 1920. Meanwhile, the average size of new home […]
- Free Rides Today August 18, 2014The Oregonian was writing metaphorically when it reported last Tuesday that Portland’s low-capacity trains were “knocked off track by expensive, deferred maintenance.” By Friday, it was no longer a metaphor, as a light-rail car derailed near downtown, shutting down much of the system for several hours. Transit commuters complained that they were given no inf