Article VIII, Section 8 of the Oregon State Constitution stipulates: “Adequate and Equitable Funding. (1) The Legislative Assembly shall appropriate in each biennium a sum of money sufficient to ensure that the state’s system of public education meets quality goals established by law” Dan Chriestenson, Board Member of the Gresham-Barlow School District, points out that the […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- State senator asks U.S. AG to intervene in King County’s safe-injection site plan February 17, 2017As King County officials work to open two safe-injection sites, state Sen. Mark Miloscia, R-Federal Way, is working at the state and federal level to block the sites. Miloscia’s bill that would ban sites where heroin users can safely inject around medical professionals, has passed out of committee, according to a press release from his office. […]
- Column: Doug Ericksen is being too cute by half February 17, 2017The idea that someone can serve as a sitting state senator during the legislative session and hold down a full-time job on the side is ludicrous on its face to anyone remotely familiar with the duties of a state legislator. That’s why there has been no shortage of critiques of Sen. Doug Ericksen, R-Ferndale, attempting […]
- Column: Inslee and the White House, or why we have a federal system February 17, 2017The parlor game of thinking through future elections can be entertaining. I advocated for Jay Inslee to run for President in 2015, for example, in a column that drew private comments from both my left and my right of the “Are you serious?” sort. And, with the recent court battles led by AG Bob Ferguson […]
- Ana Marie Cox Admits to Joining Protests Against Trump February 21, 2017The post Ana Marie Cox Admits to Joining Protests Against Trump appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Sen. Whitehouse Labels ‘Climate Denial’ the ‘First Alternative Facts Operation’ February 21, 2017The post Sen. Whitehouse Labels ‘Climate Denial’ the ‘First Alternative Facts Operation’ appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Don Lemon Cuts Off Republican Guest Because of ‘Fake News’ February 21, 2017The post Don Lemon Cuts Off Republican Guest Because of ‘Fake News’ appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Congestion Cost U.S. $295 Billion in 2016 February 21, 2017Speaking of congestion (as the Antiplanner was yesterday), a new congestion scorecard from Inrix estimates that congestion cost America $295 billion in 2016, which is more than 1.5 percent of 2016 GDP. Where the Texas Transportation Institute’s previous estimates of congestion costs counted only the cost to commuters, Inrix adds costs to consumers who must […]
- Good News and Bad News February 20, 2017Good news: The United States had 56,000 structurally deficient bridges in 2016. That’s good news because the number in 2015 was nearly 59,000. In fact, the number has declined in every year since 1992 (the earliest year for which records are available), when it was 124,000. The American Road and Transportation Builders thinks 2016’s number […]
- The Economic Implications of Housing Supply February 17, 2017A new paper with the above title by urban economists Edward Glaeser and Joseph Gyourko provides more evidence to back up the Antiplanner’s recent paper on the New Feudalism. One of the major points of that paper was that the Obama administration’s plan to force suburbs to relax zoning codes to allow higher density housing […]