Article VIII, Section 8 of the Oregon State Constitution stipulates: “Adequate and Equitable Funding. (1) The Legislative Assembly shall appropriate in each biennium a sum of money sufficient to ensure that the state’s system of public education meets quality goals established by law” Dan Chriestenson, Board Member of the Gresham-Barlow School District, points out that the […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Trade: America’s Next Big Success Story March 3, 2015The post Trade: America’s Next Big Success Story appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- Trumka, Reich: Let’s Debate Largest Trade Pact in U.S. History First March 3, 2015The post Trumka, Reich: Let’s Debate Largest Trade Pact in U.S. History First appeared first on Washington State Wire.
- Groups Sue Port of Seattle over Shell Arctic Drilling Fleet March 3, 2015Several environmental groups on Monday sued the Port of Seattle to prevent Royal Dutch Shell PLC from using Seattle’s waterfront as a homeport for its Arctic oil drilling fleet. The Port of Seattle in early February signed a two-year lease with Foss Maritime Co., whose client is Shell, to rent 50 acres across from downtown Seattle. […]
- Top International Stories to Watch Today: Lithuania, Nigeria & Argentina February 27, 20151) Due to fears of Russian aggression, Lithuania has reinstated compulsory military conscription. The Baltic region of Europe that borders Russia has placed a new priority on strengthening their military. The draft previously ended in 2008. On Friday, Russia held military exercises just on the other side of the Estonian border. While both Estonia and […]
- Top International Stories to Watch Today: Syria, Afghanistan, & Ukraine February 26, 20151) More than 220 Assyrian have been abducted by ISIS, an airstrike campaign has started in the region. (Also, we now know who Jihadi John is.) 2) A car full of explosives ran into a NATO convoy in Afghanistan, targeting the Turkish envoy, at least one Turkish soldier died. 3) The United Kingdom will […]
- World Class Hour on #FTRRadio with @astaroska! February 25, 2015Guest: Andrew Staroska Nuclear Iran https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8VuxcQxXgg Secretary of State John Kerry will meet with Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif in Geneva this weekend to continue on-going nuclear negotiations. The Israeli government has expressed concerns over the talks, so U.S. national security advisor Susan Rice has invited her Israeli counterpart to the White House to […]
- ABC World News: ‘Storm Brewing’ as Hillary Clinton ‘Under Fire’ for Email Scandal March 3, 2015
- Clinton Ally Defends Hillary Not Using Govt Email: ‘Snowden Hacked Govt Email up the Kazoo’ March 3, 2015
- David Koch Backs Gay Marriage at Supreme Court March 3, 2015Libertarian philanthropist David Koch is backing a federal challenge to same sex marriage bans, signing on to a Supreme Court brief urging the court to overturn state-level prohibitions on the practice.
- Amtrak Not Worth State Support March 3, 2015The Antiplanner arrived at the Purple Line debate debate last night to find protesters who were apparently upset that anyone would consider not building a train whose projected costs have already risen by more than 40 percent and whose ridership projections are so outlandish that even the Federal Transit Administration uses a lower (though still […]
- Back in the Air Again March 2, 2015The Antiplanner is in Washington DC today to participate in a debate over the Purple light-rail line–or, as I like to call it, the Purple Money Eater. In conjunction with this debate, the Maryland Public Policy Institute will release a detailed critique of the proposed low-capacity transit line; Antiplanner readers can download a preview today. […]
- Will Apple Join the Self-Driving Car Race? February 27, 2015Apple is planning to put an electric car on the market by 2020. No, Apple is planning to build a self-driving car. No, it’s not. It would be stupid to do so. Rumors about Apple, which has the highest market capitalization of any company in the world, are an industry in itself, so the rumor […]