Article VIII, Section 8 of the Oregon State Constitution stipulates: “Adequate and Equitable Funding. (1) The Legislative Assembly shall appropriate in each biennium a sum of money sufficient to ensure that the state’s system of public education meets quality goals established by law” Dan Chriestenson, Board Member of the Gresham-Barlow School District, points out that the […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Lawmakers hear legislation that would fund paid family leave January 19, 2017A bill that could make paid family leave a reality for Washington residents was heard at a House Workplace and Labor Standards committee Thursday morning. Business leaders came out in support and opposition to the legislation, some arguing the bill could simplify family leave laws across the state while injecting confidence into the economy, while […]
- Washington AG announces lawsuit against student loan servicer Navient January 19, 2017Three government officials announced lawsuits against the student loan servicer, Navient (formerly known as Sallie Mae), and Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson is one of them. “Our lawsuit alleges that while still operating as Sallie Mae, Navient engaged in unfair and deceptive practices in its student loans business, including predatory loans to students attending for-profit […]
- House committee hears bills that could help marijuana businesses expand January 18, 2017Lawmakers expressed a cautious interest in seeing the marijuana business expand in Washington at a set of House Commerce and Gaming committee hearings Tuesday. Six pieces of legislation were heard and largely praised by supporters of the expansion of the marijuana industry in Washington. Marijuana business licensing cap HB 1125 would cap the number of licenses […]
- Brock Conference Organizers Embody Dems’ Big Money Problem January 23, 2017The behind-the-scenes organizers of an exclusive Democratic donor confab over the weekend were a fundraising consultant who has made a windfall from big-money political fundraising and a public affairs firm that works to get money out of politics, documents show. The post Brock Conference Organizers Embody Dems’ Big Money Problem appeared first on Washington Free […]
- Open Season on Trump Kids January 23, 2017President Donald J. Trump's inauguration brought to an end the Obama era, as well as the unwritten rule that the children of politicians are off-limits. The post Open Season on Trump Kids appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- A Thousand Nights of Trump January 22, 2017Chuck Todd introducing 3 Doors Down on MSNBC must qualify as the single whitest act in the history of creation. It is difficult to imagine how Nature herself did not revolt by raising up the ghost of Percy Sledge. As much as I would like to turn away from the television, I find that I […]
- InterludeMost Europeans Don’t Ride Transit Either January 20, 2017Contrary to popular belief, Europeans don’t ride transit a lot more than Americans. In fact, most rarely use transit. Conventional wisdom holds that Americans drive cars while Europeans ride transit and intercity trains. In fact, while there are some differences in travel habits, differences in rail and bus travel are a lot smaller than most […]
- Reason #8 Most Americans Don’t Ride TransitLife Is Complicated January 19, 2017Transit works best going from point A to point B if you happen to be near point A and want to get to point B. Transit doesn’t work well for trip chaining, going from point A to point B via points C, D, and E. Because life is complicated and people don’t want to spend […]
- Reason #7 Most Americans Don’t Ride TransitIt Doesn’t Carry Freight January 18, 2017Carrying large packages, suitcases, or shopping bags on transit is awkward at best and impossible at worst. Anyone who expects to travel with such cargo, even if only some of the time, will do best with a car. In 2007, Ikea opened its first store in Portland. It is 280,000 square feet, has around a […]