Article VIII, Section 8 of the Oregon State Constitution stipulates: “Adequate and Equitable Funding. (1) The Legislative Assembly shall appropriate in each biennium a sum of money sufficient to ensure that the state’s system of public education meets quality goals established by law” Dan Chriestenson, Board Member of the Gresham-Barlow School District, points out that the […]
Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Weekend buzzkill: gas tax and licensing fee increases take effect this Friday June 29, 2016This holiday weekend, commemorate your independence by paying more in taxes. On Friday, July 1st, your gas tax and car licensing fees are going up.
- Washington’s Mass Timber Opportunity May 26, 2016
- Regional Councils Prepare Workforce Plans for 2016-2020 May 25, 2016
- Today’s Top 3 International Stories: Syria, Libya & Uganda February 23, 20161) The U.S. and Russia have come to a decision on a ceasefire for Syria, which will include all warring parties except the two largest terrorist blocks, Al-Nursa and ISIS. Previous agreements to stop violence and provide aid have failed to stay in place. Sec. of State John Kerry said if the current deal fails […]
- Today’s (Late) Top 3 International Stories: Bahrain, Libya & Russia February 18, 20161) On Sunday, four American members of the press were arrested in Bahrain, while covering protests marking the anniversary of Bahrain’s 2011 Arab Spring uprising. Family members now report that on Tuesday, Bahrain released Anna Day and her camera crew after being interrogated. They have left Bahrain. The government claims the four participated in an […]
- Today Top 3+ International Stories: Egypt, Mexico, France Plus Syria February 12, 20161) In Egypt, thousands of doctors in Cairo turned out to protest after reports circulated that two doctors at a hospital in the capital had been beaten by police. It is not clear why the doctors were targeted, but it could be because they treated or sympathized with dissenters in opposition to former military leader […]
- Goldman Sachs CEO Discusses His Admiration for Hillary Clinton October 23, 2016The post Goldman Sachs CEO Discusses His Admiration for Hillary Clinton appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Woodward Slams Clinton as ‘Corrupt’ for Mixing of Clinton Foundation and State Department Work October 23, 2016The post Woodward Slams Clinton as ‘Corrupt’ for Mixing of Clinton Foundation and State Department Work appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Mook Struggles to Defend Clintons, State Department Over Haitian Rebuilding Contracts October 23, 2016The post Mook Struggles to Defend Clintons, State Department Over Haitian Rebuilding Contracts appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Seattle Millennials Should Move to Houston October 21, 2016The Seattle Post-Intelligencer says it has found the
- Portland, Thy Name Is Density October 20, 2016Portland’s Bureau of Planning and Sustainability is following the White House’s advice by proposing to increase the densities of nearly two-thirds of the city’s single-family neighborhoods. Under the proposal, duplexes, triplexes, and accessory dwelling units would be allowed in single-family areas. The plan also proposes to limit the size of a home to about half […]
- Airline Competition October 19, 2016“President Obama promised to fight corporate concentration,” says public interest journalist Justin Elliott. “Eight years later, the airline industry is dominated by just four companies.” It’s true that what were seven major airlines in 2008 have merged into four today. The Antiplanner isn’t sure, however, that this is a bad thing. According to Wikipedia, in […]