Follow me on Twitter
This site sponsored by:
YOU! Your message could reach thousands of online consumers. Click CONTACT to inquire about advertising rates.
- Israeli Airstrike Kills 3 Senior Hamas Leaders August 21, 2014
- Bank of America to Pay Record $16.65 Billion to Settle Mortgage Claims August 21, 2014
- State, Navy Sued Over Hood Canal Agreement August 21, 2014
- The UN Security Council Elections: Perpetuating Cognitive Dissonance August 21, 2014When it comes to the United Nations Security, the only power that matters is the power of veto. And the veto card usually belongs to Russia and China, who tend to pick divisive positions—mostly for the media attention. But 10 other countries also sit on the Security Council. These countries get to debate and vote […]
- Top 3 International Stories I’m Watching Today August 21, 20141) The security situation in Liberia due to Ebola is getting worse. Protests have started in reaction to quarantines and government policies on the virus. Protesters in the capital were tear gassed and police began firing live rounds into crowds this morning. In related news, the 2 Americans who contracted Ebola and were brought to the US […]
- The World Class Hour on FTR Radio – 8/19/14 – with @JimFossel August 20, 2014Guest: Jim Fossel (@JimFossel) Intro Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kspPE9E1yGM 1. Gaza http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYIIpqvNNV4 **New ground invasion due to Palestine breaking ceasefire again Start-and-stop negotiations between Israel and Palestine continued this past week. Two short term ceasefires kept the death toll down. The countries cannot s
- Obama Golfing Buddy Personifies Ex-Im Bank’s Problems August 21, 2014As economists and policy wonks debate the merits of U.S. export financing, critics of one controversial program are warning of more subtle consequences exemplified, they say, by one of the president’s golfing buddies.
- U.S. Forces Tried But Failed to Rescue U.S. Hostages in Syria August 21, 2014WASHINGTON/EDGARTOWN Mass. (Reuters) - U.S. forces attempted to rescue journalist James Foley and other American hostages during a secret mission into Syria and exchanged gunfire with Islamic State militants only to discover the captives were not there, officials said on Wednesday.
- Gen. Jack Keane Blasts Obama Admin Over Release of Information About Failed Hostage Rescue in Syria August 21, 2014
- What Ferguson Means for Urban Planning August 21, 2014The sad events in Ferguson, Missouri are being used by urban planning advocates to popularize their latest cause: suburban poverty. Ferguson is “emblematic of growing suburban poverty,” says the Brookings Institution. “Hit by poverty,” says CBS News, “Ferguson reflects the new suburbs.” According to a Brookings info graphic, between 2000 and 2011 the numbers
- New York Times 0, Forbes 0.5 August 20, 2014The New York Times had an article recently arguing that the $11 billion Congress has spent on high-speed rail grants since 2009 has produced little visible results, mainly because most of it was spent on increasing the speeds of existing trains by two or three miles per hour rather than building new, true high-speed rail […]
- Britain’s Shrinking Houses August 19, 2014Ever since the British parliament passed the Town & Country Planning Act in 1947, housing in that nation has gotten less and less affordable. As a result, the average size of new homes today is only 925 square feet, down 44 percent from the average size in 1920. Meanwhile, the average size of new home […]